Moparts

68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood

Posted By: Danan

68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/25/16 12:32 AM

Does anyone have detailed pictures of a factory hood that depict how the scoop was attached to the hood, and/or pictures of the underside air box area?

Was the scoop a separate part that was then grafted (glued? Bolted?) on, or were the hoods made as a single piece?

I know Lead Sled, Glasstek, AAR/Stinger, and Unlimited make hoods, but which one(s) are closest to original? I'm not looking for a race weight hood; I want a stock weight piece.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/25/16 03:10 AM

Kramer has the best hood on the market, and it is priced accordingly. I have a 68 Dart hood from him and it is very nice. up

http://kramerauto.com/search.asp?pg=1&stext=fiberglass+hood&sprice=&stype=&scat=
Posted By: topside

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/25/16 03:51 AM

As far as who makes nice 'glass hoods, only ones I've been impressed with so far are AAR's. I don't know who makes Kramer's and haven't seen his, but I've seen or worked with the other names mentioned.

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/25/16 04:47 AM

Rhinos art: thanks for the updated info. I called them several times over the years and they seemed to be out of the hood business. I'll give them another shout. Do you happen to have any pictures of your hood?

Topside: I've been impressed with AAR's quality as well.

Thanks for the input!

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/25/16 05:14 PM

Here is a pic right after it was delivered.

Attached picture hemi dart in front of reeds.jpg
Posted By: DUSTER_340

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/26/16 02:49 PM

I too would like to know those same questions. I have purchased my front end from AAR/Stinger for my Barracuda clone, and I am very impressed with the construction, weight and finish of all the parts. But the scoop is a separate piece, and will be fitting it to the hood soon. So I need to know how the originals were finished.

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/26/16 05:01 PM

Thanks for the picture Rhinodart. It appears that the scoop is a separate piece that is attached (screwed? Bonded?). To the flat hood. Does the Kramer hood have the area inside the scoop cut out or is that something the buyer performs?

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/26/16 05:33 PM

No, the scoop is molded into the hood and comes as one piece. This is how they were made from the factory. The reason the AAR hood is two pieces is that the scoops can be sold separately to mount on steel hoods if desired.
Posted By: GibW340

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/26/16 10:19 PM

In the mid 1980s I one bought a 68 Barracuda fiberglass hood from a guy in Baltimore- he said was original factory piece made by Anderson Industries (Ai Fiberglas) in Baltimore- all one piece and hood pins only
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/26/16 11:04 PM

Friend of mine has a Lo23 Dart. And Although I cant guarantee it, I would bet it still has its original hood.
Next time I am there,,,I'll have to lift it up and ck the bottom side

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/27/16 12:47 AM

Thanks! Under hood pics would be greatly appreciated

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 07/27/16 01:14 AM

I can take more pics, but there are a couple in Devil's and Mastershakes posts on the Belvidere Mopar Happening post in the General section.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2113024

Posted By: BloFish

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 08/09/16 02:43 AM

Do you still have that 69 barracuda rhino?

Re: 68 Barracuda Super Stock Hood - 08/10/16 05:05 AM

No, I sold it to a guy who cut it up for parts to restore one he was working on. I got the rear window back still attached to the window frame! laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums