Moparts

Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color

Posted By: dart1962_440

Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 05/31/08 01:10 PM

Anyone know where to get correct carpet for a 62 Plymouth? It seems a lot of companies make molded carpet, but none offer all of the colors that were available. I'm looking for the color Cordovan, sort of a maroon-brown. Any leads appreciated.
Posted By: topside

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 05/31/08 03:40 PM

You'll probably need to send a sample (maybe 2x2 inches) to them. When I did my '63, there was some confusion over the "salt & pepper" that's occasionally stated as correct for the early Bs. Mine was a solid color. I think ACC has the widest color availability.
Bill Overcash on the board has a '62 and might be able to help you. He had some brown/maroon '62 door panels I bought from him a while back, and may recall the carpet in that car.
Mosher's may be able to help, too.
Sorry no definitive answer, that's part of the "charm" on these cars, but at least it's a bump.

Attached picture 4463658-63donerr.jpg
Posted By: dart1962_440

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 05/31/08 06:38 PM

Topside,

Thanks for the info. I'll check everything out and see if I can track down Bill.
Posted By: topside

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 06/04/08 03:46 AM

I think Bill's username is maxwagon, if that helps. I'd also suggest trying Kramer's or Mosher's for info.
Posted By: MO_PA

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 06/04/08 06:27 PM

Call SMS (http://www.smsautofabrics.com/)

I bought carpet, and material to do our 62 Fury. Also had them rebuild the door panels. Great people to do business with.
Posted By: ryangtogtx

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 06/04/08 06:31 PM

Quote:

Call SMS (http://www.smsautofabrics.com/)

I bought carpet, and material to do our 62 Fury. Also had them rebuild the door panels. Great people to do business with.

Do you have pictures of your door panels? I also have a 62 Fury that needs the door panels restored. Thanks.
Posted By: MO_PA

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 06/04/08 06:48 PM

I get some help from my wife to get a couple pics for you. We chose 66 vinyl because of the cars new color.

SMS has the Worlds best selection of fabric and vinyl and if they don't have what you want they will usually make what you want at no extra cost.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carpet for 62 Plymouth - Looking for Right Color - 06/04/08 06:59 PM

If you buy any seat or carpet material from SMS,be sure it is what you want and color and pattern is correct before its shipped,if not you will play h*ll returning it.I know from experience and that makes no difference if it your mistake or theirs!
© 2024 Moparts Forums