Moparts

AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ?

Posted By: Tom Fox

AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ? - 06/10/16 09:54 PM

Hey Guy's,I'm thinking of going ahead and just purchasing an AMD GTS hood for my Dart project since I haven't came across an original one in decent condition.anyone who has installed one, how is the fit & quality of it? should I hold out for original ? Thanks, Tom
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ? - 06/11/16 02:28 AM

During the build of my GTS I looked into an AMD hood. My stock hood had some hail damage. I talked with several people that used the AMD hood and they had no complaints. I'm sure there will be some adjustments that will have to be made.

I ended up working the original hood which turned out great.
Posted By: 68gtconvert

Re: AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ? - 06/11/16 04:02 AM

I bought one from Tamaraz and it is super nice. I think it was $600 shipped. Fits perfect.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ? - 06/11/16 04:10 AM

There was a post about GTS hoods from AMD on here not to long ago I think. Try doing a search for it. I got the opinion the fellow who bought the hood from AMD wasn't real happy about the contour/shape of it. Something about a ridge running down the middle of the hood or something.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ? - 06/11/16 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By BlueRacer69
There was a post about GTS hoods from AMD on here not to long ago I think. Try doing a search for it. I got the opinion the fellow who bought the hood from AMD wasn't real happy about the contour/shape of it. Something about a ridge running down the middle of the hood or something.

Yes the center peak is a little more "defined" than the original, other than that the fit is fine
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: AMD Dart GTS hood fitment/quality ? - 06/11/16 11:08 AM

Not sure if it's too far away, but there's a GTS hood for sale on Facebook locally. (not mine)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1557343337840984/
Quote:
Gts dart hood $300

I have a good gts hood id sell, has 1 small dent, no louver emblems located in semo, by wappapello lake or could meet around poplar bluff. Ill post pics in an hour or so.

Link to pic of it.
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=57D1B736
© 2024 Moparts Forums