Moparts

1971 roadrunner interior

Posted By: Awja

1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 03:58 PM

Hello new to the site. Need some help trying to figure out interior of my 1971 RR. Car data tag is M6XW calling for black & white interior. I have white headliner and black carpet. Does anyone know what style door panels would the car have came with. Any help is appreciated. Ty
Posted By: mopargem

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 04:20 PM

Carpet, dash frame, pad, steering column, console all black and I think package tray. Door panels, kick panels, headliner, trim including pillar covers, seats all white.

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 04:31 PM

Thanks. Can u tell what door panels. The wood grain or the one with inserts. Don't know how to post pics on site yet. Thanks
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By Awja
Thanks. Can u tell what door panels. The wood grain or the one with inserts. Don't know how to post pics on site yet. Thanks

IIRC woodgrain is GTX only
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA

IIRC woodgrain is GTX only

(GTX, and SSP)...

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 08:05 PM

Thank. So last question on this. The panels I buy are all white or are they white with the black inserts.
Posted By: T2R9

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 08:47 PM

If you have the Decor package, A87 on the fender tag, they will have the inserts, otherwise they should be plain.

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 08:59 PM

Ok. I do have that code A87. Thanks. White panels with black inserts. Thanks for info.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 09:15 PM

All bucket seat '71 Road Runners have A87, you can't get one without the other.

scope

Attached picture 1971 white buckets Road Runner.jpg

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 09:18 PM

Yeah that look is what I'm going for. How do you know what color your inserts should be? Is there a code for that. Ty

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 09:23 PM

originally, the '71 Road Runner white bucket seat upper door panels, only came in one color combination

are they currently available in numerous combinations?
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/21/16 09:59 PM

Lower door panels were all the same. The upper ones would depened the trim level of your car. There were the plain jane ones with vertical lines and then the deluxe ones with the rectangles and chrome trim.
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/22/16 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By 6bblgt

scope

Not exactly. All bucket seat cars got the upgraded door panels but not all had the full A87 package including the wheel opening moldings and rear valance tape stripes. I have 4 St. Louis cars in my database with original tags that are bucket seat cars without A87. No way to tell from Winsor car tags.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/22/16 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By Butterscotch71

scope

Not exactly. All bucket seat cars got the upgraded door panels but not all had the full A87 package including the wheel opening moldings and rear valance tape stripes. I have 4 St. Louis cars in my database with original tags that are bucket seat cars without A87. No way to tell from Winsor car tags.

i have a windsor 4 spd bucket car
with no wo moldings

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/22/16 06:46 AM

per the '71 Data Book - bucket seat cars should also have A87, but I'm not surprised there are exceptions

are they all from a certain time of year? something may have changed for spring '71 or a "spring special" type of promotion??

any of the tags have a sheet to back it up?

Attached picture 71_Satellite0003.jpg
Attached picture 71_Satellite0008.jpg

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/23/16 03:15 AM

per the '71 Data Book - bucket seat cars should also have A87, but I'm not surprised there are exceptions

are they all from a certain time of year? something may have changed for spring '71 or a "spring special" type of promotion??

any of the tags have a sheet to back it up?

No sheet for any of the tags, but the ones referenced are original and legitimate. I have several others without A87 I didn't mention that I believe are bogus. Tag breakdown:

LA / M5__ - 831 SPD
LA / H6__ - 902 SPD
STL / M6__ - 802 SPD
STL / M6__ - 814 SPD
STL / M6__ - 819 SPD
STL / M6__ - C30 SPD

The 71 Satellite - Road Runner - GTX order sheet doesn't indicate the restriction, so I imagine even if the intent was there it's very possible a car could have been ordered without the recommended combination.

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/26/16 10:46 PM

Need some info. On a 1971 roadrunner hood, dose anyone know if the nose of the top of hood have contours on either side? Are they suppose to be their. Getting ready to paint hood, and didn't want to fill where I'm not suppose too. Thanks

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/27/16 04:03 AM

Need some info. On a 1971 roadrunner hood, dose anyone know if the nose of the top of hood have contours on either side? Are they suppose to be their. Getting ready to paint hood, and didn't want to fill where I'm not suppose too. Thanks

Not really sure what you're asking. A photo might help.
Posted By: 72gtx4speed

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 04/27/16 11:45 PM

sounds like you may have a hood from 73 or 74 road runner.
what does the bubble look like?

clem
Posted By: cdp

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 05/01/16 05:44 PM

I have a 71 RR sitting right here in the garage with standard hood, if you need pics, let me know.

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 05/18/16 06:01 AM

question. Recently purchased upper door panel from legendary in white color code 100. Painting lower door panels to match. Want to use Sem dye paint, does anyone know which color white will match upper panels. Thanks for help
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1971 roadrunner interior - 05/18/16 03:16 PM

question. Recently purchased upper door panel from legendary in white color code 100. Painting lower door panels to match. Want to use Sem dye paint, does anyone know which color white will match upper panels. Thanks for help

I'd try either SEM SUPER WHITE, it's a little on the oyster white color range, excellent match for 70 interiors, or aged white interior components, if the Legendary Interior panels are really brite white, then perhaps SEM's SAILCLOTH white, it's the brightest white they have, I'd recommend you finish off the last spray coat with SEM's LOW LUSTRE CLEAR, won't leave any sheen, looks natural, but protects the "dyed" surface from stains/mars/scuffs/etc, and allows for easier cleaning with out damaging the "dyed" surface
© 2024 Moparts Forums