Moparts

1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes

Posted By: JimG

1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes - 03/15/16 04:33 PM

I'm building a 1971 Satellite Adam-12 squad car clone. I'd like to be as accurate as possible.

I've attempted to decode a couple of fender tags on cars that I think have the same interior color as the LAPD/Adam-12 Satellites. I came up with T7 as the interior soft trim color, which is either called Chestnut or Saddle Bronze, depending on who you believe. I came up with GT8 (or T8) as the interior paint color, which I think is called Dark Tan Poly.

I can get reproduction door panels, which are pricey. I want to be darn sure that I know what I'm talking about before dropping the coin on them. So, I have two questions:

1) Does T7 sound like a legitimate code for a brown/dark brown interior soft trim color in 1971?

2) If so, do the attached screen shots from Adam-12 appear to be T7?

Thank you!

Attached picture Door panel.jpg
Attached picture Front Seats 1.jpg
Attached picture Interior.jpg
Posted By: Morty426

Re: 1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes - 03/15/16 08:48 PM

Looks like code L2 to me

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1971/71_Satellite0010.jpg

Re: 1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes - 03/15/16 10:12 PM

Sure does Morty. Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Morty426

Re: 1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes - 03/16/16 12:47 AM

No problem - can't wait to see it done
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes - 03/16/16 08:51 AM

in those pics - it almost looks like the door panels are a third "tan" between to two colors used on the seats. Interior paint such as UDF GT8 is different than most of the other painted or molded in color parts.

L2T3 - too bad they don't specify door panels on the interior diagram

there is an AM-12 wagon in the local club, I can see if he comes to MATS this weekend & check out his interior "tans"

Attached picture 71_Plymouth_accents_tops_stripes0004.jpg
Attached picture 71_Satellite0010.jpg
Attached picture 71_Satellite0011.jpg

Re: 1971 Plymouth interior soft trim and paint color codes - 03/16/16 12:25 PM

Thank you 6bblgt! I think I've seen pics of that wagon on the 'net. If he shows up, if you could check with him, that would be great. Also if you see him, please tell him we have a facebook page for the owners and potential owners of Adam-12 clones. If he (or you, or anyone) looks, it';s easy to find. PM me if you have trouble.

Thanks again!
© 2024 Moparts Forums