Moparts

Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ????

Posted By: mopar155

Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/05/16 10:14 PM

I have a 1970 Duster that has the 2 inch wide aluminum rocker panel moldings. A few of the clips are broken and I am in desperate need of some replacements. I have searched every website that I can think of and cannot locate any. Classic Industries is now apparently repopping the moldings but not the hardware ? If anyone has any for sale or can point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful- Thanks in advance, Ron
Posted By: RealWing

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/06/16 03:23 AM

I'm installing those same moldings from Classic Industries on my '69 Cuda ( I have to shorten them a bit to fit)

I hunted around at various swap meets for clips and found 2 different p/n's that will work: 6003576 and 6003775

Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/06/16 04:14 AM

Did you try R/T Specialty? I think the guys name was Tom Race or something. I got rocker molding clips for my 69 Dart from him a few years back.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/06/16 04:36 AM

These are what originally came with 1971 Duster Rocker moldings. The plastic clips were used from the rear forward, the metal clip was only used in the final forward location on the fender dog leg. I don't know of any reproduction source for either clip.

I have not seen a 1970 wide style in person, it may have been the same?

Attached picture 1971 Duster Rocker Clips (2).jpg

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/07/16 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
These are what originally came with 1971 Duster Rocker moldings. The plastic clips were used from the rear forward, the metal clip was only used in the final forward location on the fender dog leg. I don't know of any reproduction source for either clip.

I have not seen a 1970 wide style in person, it may have been the same?

Scott
That plastic clip don't seem to be wide enough to hold the 2" wide moldings - based on a measurement I took on an original and repro molding????
Jim

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/07/16 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By mopar155
I have a 1970 Duster that has the 2 inch wide aluminum rocker panel moldings. A few of the clips are broken and I am in desperate need of some replacements. I have searched every website that I can think of and cannot locate any. Classic Industries is now apparently repopping the moldings but not the hardware ? If anyone has any for sale or can point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful- Thanks in advance, Ron

Can you post a photo of the clips you have??

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/07/16 11:47 PM

Thank you so much

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/07/16 11:47 PM

I will take some photos and post them soon- thanks for all your help

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/07/16 11:49 PM

Realwing- the clips that you are using- did you order them from classic industries also ??

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/08/16 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By mopar155
Realwing- the clips that you are using- did you order them from classic industries also ??

NO- I picked them up at a swap meet. They are a little wide, so I suspect they have to be trimmed a bit to fit in the groove.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/09/16 04:37 AM

RealWing, would you let me know how those clips work out for you?

Am looking for some clips for my 69 as well.

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 01/09/16 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By BloFish
RealWing, would you let me know how those clips work out for you?

Am looking for some clips for my 69 as well.

Will do. It may be a while (couple of months) before I'm ready to install.

Re: Need help ! 1970 Duster rocker panel molding clips ???? - 05/23/16 01:07 AM

They didn't work. They were too wide and would not snap into the groove in the trim. I finally resorted to using polyurethane adhesive to hold the trim in place.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/srt8cuda-build.218445/page-21
© 2024 Moparts Forums