Moparts

Mod top Satellite cars B body

Posted By: Mopar-Al

Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 08:46 AM

I kmow they are not real rare, but I picked up a 68 rr 69 rr with air grabber and a 69 mod top sat. The sat is in need of most everything, but it is a mod car. I was going to strip it even further, but thought i'd ask. It's a 318 car. The door panels and front seat was in my trunk of my 68 when I bought it. I am doing the 68 rr with a 572 hemi pump gas engine. I dyno it this thursday. Should I atleast record the vin# for some club? ALAN
Posted By: Big D A12

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 01:02 PM

I would start here with registering the car.

http://www.mooresmopars.com/modtops.html

I would be willing to say they are more rare than you think. Especially if you own one and are looking for some of the interior detail items.

D
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 07:19 PM

Did they make any 4 door mod top cars?
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 08:05 PM

Only 125 cars registered, and not all are done cars, there are projects there also. Register them if you have one.
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 08:19 PM

I think over 1,000 produced is not as rare as I'd expect. Finding parts to restore one? That's probably where the true rarity lies.
Posted By: Digger73

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 08:41 PM

Years ago I was touring a local bone yard and found a Mod Top car. The emblems were still on the C pillars. So I pulled them off. I still have them if anyone needs them. Both have only one post but are otherwise in pretty good condition. Any idea what these are worth?

Digger73 (Mike)

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 09:08 PM

Same emblems as the Barracuda's?
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/25/15 10:31 PM

Not sure, but I think the B-body was the only one to get this emblem.
Barracuda had MODTOP on the quarter glass

Attached picture modtop9.JPG

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/26/15 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By mccannix
Not sure, but I think the B-body was the only one to get this emblem.
Barracuda had MODTOP on the quarter glass

That is what mine look like. They have a bluish tint to them in the back ground.
Is there any interest in them?

Digger73 (Mike)
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/26/15 01:51 AM

Thanks Big D I will take photos of the vin and register it at this site. I have 4 more vehilcles to haul from there.

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/27/15 04:51 AM

up
Posted By: 68427vette

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/28/15 03:11 PM

a friend is looking for any modtop parts,,, how much for those emblems,,any interior parts?>
Posted By: upnover

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/30/15 03:33 AM

i have a 69 satellite, its a mod top project and is in the registry. its an odd duck-a4 silver 383 4bbl, 4 speed with a/c and p/s. i have never seen another 4 barrel b body.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/30/15 03:47 AM

That sounds like a cool car, I'd love to see pictures of it if you have any.

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 10/30/15 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By 68427vette
a friend is looking for any modtop parts,,, how much for those emblems,,any interior parts?>

PM sent.

Digger73 (Mike)
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/04/15 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By upnover
i have a 69 satellite, its a mod top project and is in the registry. its an odd duck-a4 silver 383 4bbl, 4 speed with a/c and p/s. i have never seen another 4 barrel b body.

can you poste a pic of the fender tag?

Please register it, too if you haven't done it yet.

Carsten
Posted By: efisixpack

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/05/15 07:06 PM

Here's what the emblems looked like new.

As for the guy who has the silver ModTop, that has to be a special order paint car as the modtops were only offered on the 1969 satellites in either W1 (white) or B5 (blue). I would love to see the fender tag as well.
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/06/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By efisixpack
As for the guy who has the silver ModTop, that has to be a special order paint car as the modtops were only offered on the 1969 satellites in either W1 (white) or B5 (blue). I would love to see the fender tag as well.

Not true. The tops were available on A4, B3, B5, B7, Q5, W1 and X9 cars. I've been looking to buy a nice A4 car for years. I've never seen an A4 or Q5 Mod Top in person, but have seen the other 5 colors.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/06/15 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By KISSAlien
Originally Posted By efisixpack

Not true. The tops were available on A4, B3, B5, B7, Q5, W1 and X9 cars. I've been looking to buy a nice A4 car for years. I've never seen an A4 or Q5 Mod Top in person, but have seen the other 5 colors.

& any other STANDARD color would NOT be a "SPECIAL ORDER" - special order was reserved for things NOT ADVERTISED or AVAILABLE. If someone wanted a F3 - frost green metallic "MOD TOP" Satellite, odds are it probably would've been built with a "V08" trim-edit waiver (like a blue car with a red interior), nothing "special order" about it - just not a recommended combination.
Posted By: efisixpack

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/06/15 07:14 AM

I stand corrected! I honestly have not seen any other color modtop satellites besides blue and white. Maybe that's why I assumed that.
Posted By: EL5 71

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/07/15 04:36 AM

What does the back of the Mod Top emblems look like? What part number is on them?
Posted By: hergfest

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/08/15 09:21 AM

This one has been on Seattle CL for awhile:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5263620801.html
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/09/15 01:53 AM

I just hope it will be in the registry, too

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/09/15 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By upnover

Hell, 4-barrel and a 4-speed to boot!

I'd own this over a 383 Road Runner any way! I'm in LOVE...

Re: Mod top Satellite cars B body - 11/10/15 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By EL5 71

What does the back of the Mod Top emblems look like? What part number is on them?

These are the emblems that I have.

Digger73 (Mike)

Attached picture IMAG0436.jpg
Attached picture IMAG0437.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums