Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/14/15 02:33 PM

Looking for a very OEM system, any comments will help. thanks
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/14/15 03:43 PM

Accurate Ltd
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/15/15 04:28 AM

I bought a system from Accurate for my 383 GTS and the head pipes come in two pieces. Tom said it is the only way to ship them. He also said that if you pick the system up at a show he can make the head pipes in one piece, don't know if he still does that or not. shruggy I was impressed with the system none the less. up

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/15/15 07:19 AM

My headpieces were one piece and he shipped them. I bought his complete system.

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/15/15 02:08 PM

Well if I remember correctly this was probably in the mid 90's when I bought the system, so things have probably changed by now... realcrazy

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/15/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Well if I remember correctly this was probably in the mid 90's when I bought the system, so things have probably changed by now... realcrazy

He's come a long way on quality

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/16/15 02:36 AM

does he put all those indentations in the bottom of the pipes like the factory?

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/16/15 04:50 AM

Yes, however the driver side was a little close to the torsion bar to my liking so I made an indentation.
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/16/15 01:53 PM

Anybody have any experience with Waldron's exhaust. I see that they make a stainless steel system which is more appealing to me if the car is to be used on a regular basis.

http://waldronexhaust.com/

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/16/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By FJR doc
Anybody have any experience with Waldron's exhaust. I see that they make a stainless steel system which is more appealing to me if the car is to be used on a regular basis.

http://waldronexhaust.com/

I haven't seen their product so I don't know. I've gone with Accurate since Tom is a Mopar guy.
Posted By: Tom Hand

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/17/15 12:21 AM

I have had Waldrons make a couple of systems for me. They fit nicely and work great. Unfortunately, I do not believe they will be as accurate as Tom's when it comes to dents and flats in original locations.
Tom Hand
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/19/15 09:38 PM

I have Dave's exhaust on all three of my cars and they fit just as perfect as the original factory system that I pulled off of the one car. I highly doubt that he would make anything that is different than what the factory offered.

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/20/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By Benito
I have Dave's exhaust on all three of my cars and they fit just as perfect as the original factory system that I pulled off of the one car. I highly doubt that he would make anything that is different than what the factory offered.

did it come with the flat spots and indentations?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/20/15 08:31 PM

yes, the b body cars that had the flat spots were dead on in comparison to the original factory parts. The E body was a small block and was exact also. I can't see why any of his other stuff would be any different.
Posted By: cdp

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/22/15 04:40 AM

I just ordered from Waldrens a few weeks ago for an kit for my 71-383-4spd roadrunner. Tom Hand sent me a few pics and it appeared to have the correct turn downs I was looking for. I'm not going 100% OEM, so correct dents and sizes wasn't an issue for me. (6-8 week lead times)

What I thought was interesting is that if I had it shipped to me, it was more expensive and they had to cut the tail pipes and make them 2 piece.

If I shipped to Fastenal, it was cheaper and they didn't have to cut them. Luckily, we know the people at our local Fastenal and sure enough, they confirmed they have things shipped thru them for pickup quite regularly.

Just a thought. If you choose any exhaust makers, maybe you can inform them on the shipping to Fastenal if you have one close to you, save a few bucks, and not have to cut the system down.

Re: who makes the best exhaust for A-bodies - 10/22/15 01:52 PM

Good to know! up I looked into working for them but they only hire part-time workers!?! shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums