Moparts

Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body?

Posted By: Mopar_Mike

Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 01:14 AM

I am going to be starting my next project and want to strip the car down to the unibody. However, I want to be able to move it around easily and onto a trailer and so body work can be done to it. I don't want a rotisserie, but rather some sort of carrier on wheels. I have seen home made stuff etc. but I am not going to make anything, so does anyone know of any that are out there new or used? or what to look for?
Thanks.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 03:06 AM

Take a look at the bolt-on dollies that US Car Tool make.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 02:41 PM

http://www.autotwirler.us/product-p/mbc.htm
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By Mopar_Mike
I am going to be starting my next project and want to strip the car down to the unibody. However, I want to be able to move it around easily and onto a trailer and so body work can be done to it. I don't want a rotisserie, but rather some sort of carrier on wheels. I have seen home made stuff etc. but I am not going to make anything, so does anyone know of any that are out there new or used? or what to look for?
Thanks.

Why don't you want a rotisserie?

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 03:44 PM

I had a rotisserie before, they take up too much room.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 04:12 PM

OK, I used the auto twirler rotisserie
like in the link above. My body shop loved it and it made my car much easier to work on and they were more motivated to work on my car. Actually they painted it in 10 days and my car was out of the shop. twocents

Plus it made it 10X easier for me to put the car back together, I'll never do it without one.
Posted By: CDN72SE

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 07:43 PM

This is what I used from U.S. Car Tools.

Posted By: Mr. Smurf

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/23/15 08:52 PM

I made a steel frame with 6" casters that had 4 pins on it that located in the factory transfer holes on the uni-body.

Ed
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/24/15 12:11 AM

Member RobX4406 made mine for me. Nice work.

Attached picture IMG_0298 (Small).JPG

Re: Best Way to Roll around a Uni-body? - 09/24/15 01:15 AM

Yeah, now that I see what they are all about seems silly not to make my own.. Thanks for the input guys..
© 2024 Moparts Forums