Moparts

AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins"

Posted By: Imrare

AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 12:53 AM

Is there a "factory correct" position for the actual pins (sideways or front-to-back)on the hood pins on an AAR Cuda?
Posted By: 6pkaar

Re: AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 02:34 AM

Not to jump in here, but also, what is the orientation of the 4 screws that hold the plate on the hood for AAR? + or x
Posted By: 1970_EK2AAR

Re: AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 03:36 AM

Since the AAR-T/A hoods are fiberglass composite . . . not screws, but rivets
Posted By: Transamcuda

Re: AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 06:11 AM

The pin location was supposed to be straight in but ive seen it both ways on original survivor cars. Meaning straight in and from the side. Also the holes to anchor the hood pin bezel to the hood. Have seen it both ways + and X Here are the hood pins from a 1200 mile AAR The pins get pushed in from the sides.

Attached picture DCP_3687.JPG
Attached picture DCP_3686.JPG
Posted By: Transamcuda

Re: AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 06:17 AM

These are from another low mileage car. These push in from the front.

Attached picture overspray13.jpg
Attached picture overspray14.jpg
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 06:51 PM

My 71 has them fwd and back and x...the original aar hood I had bought has the x rivets..the pins look better in the fwd and back design
Posted By: Imrare

Re: AAR Cuda - Correct orientation of "Hood Pins" - 09/10/15 10:42 PM

Great pics, thank you very much...mine are oriented from side to side however the car was restored (by someone else) in '09 and I wasn't sure that it was correct. My previous AAR had them front to back but it had been "messed with" as well.

I agree with AARCONV that the pins look better in the front to back layout but to change that now would require drilling the rivets and re-orienting my hood pin "plates" (there are slight wear marks where the pins contact the plates and I would want to keep that consistent). When it comes to re-riveting the plates I become a little nervous working with a 45 year old fiberglass hood...Yikes.

Thanks again for the photos,

Bob
© 2024 Moparts Forums