Moparts

Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels

Posted By: Erik

Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/30/15 05:19 PM

Since I can't find a really cherry set of rear interior panels for my Barracuda, I recently ordered a set of the repro panels from Classic Industries. I received them yesterday and to say I was disappointed with them would be an understatement. THEY LOOK HORRIBLE!!! They look cheap, and the craftsmanship was lousy. The cut outs for the ash trays were obviously done by hand and not even close to square. down

Now I'm at a loss as to what to do. Put in the cracked beat originals I have or these crappy repops. flame

I'll post pics later. If you need these panels, I don't recommend these repops.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/30/15 05:48 PM

I wonder if they came from Layson's? Layson's was the only one I knew what making the rear panels for A-body converts. I know you have to refinish the upper and lower parts of the panels and paint them to match the interior. I need a set as well. Layson's always has a black set at the shows but I need white. Post a picture of them.

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/30/15 06:58 PM

I once had a set of the Layson panels, too and I will say these are better than the Layson's. These have the window roller cutout and come with the armrests which the Layson's don't. You do need to get the stainless trim separately.

I'll post pics tonight.
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/30/15 11:52 PM

Well the only option you have is Just Dashes, they will take you old one's as bad as they are and make them look like new, but get your wallet out.

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/31/15 05:09 PM

Here are pics for comparison. The original panel is a little dusty, but you can see the differences. Like how the contours/texture of the originals is much more pronounced.

Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/31/15 05:30 PM

Looks like a Vacuum formed piece (like Palco) vs an orginal injection molded piece.

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/31/15 05:33 PM

I am leaning towards sending them back and keep searching for a nice set of originals. Clean up and use the ones I have in the meantime.
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/31/15 06:44 PM

These are in the for sale section. A little much I think
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post1860355

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 07/31/15 06:55 PM

Thanks. They don't look as good as what I already have. I can live with the small crack I have in mine since it is hidden by the top boot anyway!

Re: Repro 67-69 A body Convertible Rear Interior Panels - 08/03/15 03:07 PM

How about a recommendation for paint for re-spraying the originals?
© 2024 Moparts Forums