Best fit etc
Thanks for the help
Posted By: ratroaster

Re: Best Carpet - 06/19/15 10:16 PM

From previous discussion I believe this place- Not cheap though... ECS

Some guys like this stuff for the money. Dantes
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Best Carpet - 06/20/15 05:16 PM

WOW, good question. The more this question gets asked the more confused I get with varying answers from all over the place. Some fade quickly, some are cut too short, some not molded well. I would like to know myself which is the best.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best Carpet - 06/20/15 05:28 PM

Best Carpet for fit and finish, either way, it's going to be an ACC carpet, the ship flat (non rolled) carpet is an exclusive offering from Dave Walden at ECS, AFAIK he's only offering 80/20 loop as original, it'll run you about $300 with shipping

Other vendors can offer you an ACC carpet, but who knows how old, and how long it's been sitting in a box on the shelf rolled up?

Personally I prefer the look and feel of the HIGH CUT PILE carpet from ACC, so I custom order it either directly from ACC, or one of their distributors, being custom ordered means it's made to order, new, not laying around for years in a box,...plus IMHO the HIGH CUT PILE is far superior in finish and looks than the stock "grandma" 80/20 loop "rug," the HIGH CUT PILE will run about $300 +/- with shipping also
Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Re: Best Carpet - 06/21/15 02:45 AM

I used the ECS carpet in my 70 Challenger 4spd it fit like a glove. drive
Posted By: joewhite440

Re: Best Carpet - 06/21/15 04:10 AM

Thanks a lot
Posted By: EV2RTSE

Re: Best Carpet - 06/22/15 05:19 PM

Unfortunately it appears ECS is no longer offering carpet - my brother just tried to buy one last week and was told the bad news.

Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Best Carpet - 06/24/15 03:40 AM

Motorparts South
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Best Carpet - 06/25/15 06:10 PM

I buy ACC from rockauto and soon as I get the box I lay it all out long before I use it. I never had a problem with one from there as long as I gave it time before installing.
Posted By: 70_FY1_N96_BEEP

Re: Best Carpet - 06/26/15 12:09 AM

Actually ordered high cut from ECS yesterday. Tom actually called me back a few hours after my initial call for my '70 RR. There seems to be a whole bunch of people inquiring right now for there flat boxed product. He says they are "reserecting" that process because of the interest, and that it's 99.9% a go. Plan "B" would be Automat for an ACC piece. Yip flippin' eeeee!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums