Moparts

69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ?

Posted By: 493RT

69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/12/15 04:02 AM

Looking for info on the spacer between the exhaust manifold and the engine pipe. Would anyone have a picture or part # and know if they are currently being reproduced ? .
Posted By: mccannix

Re: 69 A12 Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/12/15 04:43 AM

Are you talking about the flange gaskets between the exhaust manifold and the headpipe ?
Dont know if they are in repro, I would assume so.
If not I have some long discontinued NOS ones.
PM me if you are interested.

Attached picture flange gasketNOS.jpg

Re: 69 A12 Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/12/15 05:03 AM

Sorry mccannix it is actually for a 69 A body on the right hanh side.

Attached picture 0608151218d-2.jpg
Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/12/15 12:25 PM

yes they are being reproduced everyone should have them
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/12/15 02:55 PM

This may be what your looking for reproduced my Accurate exhaust. The kit is $55.00.
http://www.accurateltd.com/Flanges-including-LP-HP-Floating-and-Spacer-Kits_c_10.html
Matt

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/13/15 02:40 AM

That would be it , thanks
Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/17/15 11:22 AM

I believe Accurate got ahold of a picture of one of mine. I know for a fact that a guy bought one and it was nothing more than 2 flanges welded together crap. Nothing like there picture.
If you buy one post some pics please, Dave
Posted By: Canucklehead

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/17/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By big-block-dave
I believe Accurate got ahold of a picture of one of mine. I know for a fact that a guy bought one and it was nothing more than 2 flanges welded together crap. Nothing like there picture.

That's how mine came, two flanges welded together. The hardware was garbage, too. Be careful with that one.
Posted By: charge70

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/17/15 04:45 PM

An original spacer is cast iron and is 3/4" thick.I don't have a pic of mine,but that's what I remember when I mine had it off the car.John.
Posted By: Tom Swope

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/19/15 01:31 AM

We have been reproducing these 440 spacer kits for about 15 years and we did not copy the design from the person claiming we did so on this thread. This is the spacer kit that we have been using with our "M" code exhaust systems successfully without any issues. For those requiring a cast iron appearance spacer kit these are also available. There are better ways to promote a persons product without using derogatory statements regarding that of others.

Attached picture 440Spacer Cast Finish2.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/19/15 02:55 AM

Our own big_block_dave makes them also, I bought one from him years ago. Also, the products Tom Swope makes are second to none. up
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/19/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By Tom Swope
We have been reproducing these 440 spacer kits for about 15 years and we did not copy the design from the person claiming we did so on this thread. This is the spacer kit that we have been using with our "M" code exhaust systems successfully without any issues. For those requiring a cast iron appearance spacer kit these are also available. There are better ways to promote a persons product without using derogatory statements regarding that of others.

Tom, did you ever make the one that was 2 flanges welded together? If so this might clear up the comments above. Now with your post these people will know that you did make a change at some time. Just my 2 cents
Posted By: Canucklehead

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/19/15 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Our own big_block_dave makes them also, I bought one from him years ago. Also, the products Tom Swope makes are second to none. up

I bought mine 3 years ago and maybe they have changed the design since then, but mine had a very obvious seam where the 2 flanges met. It was not welded on the outside of the flange and finished, it was just a seam running horizontally across the flange. Also, the hardware was stuff I could have grabbed out our bolt bin at work, except for the bolt retainers. "Garbage" was a strong word, apologies to Tom. I do not believe that the "cast finish" was an option when I bought mine.
Posted By: Tom Swope

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/19/15 04:40 PM

Our design is the two lazer cut flanges that are welded together.
The available cast appearing external coating makes the part appear to be pretty close to the original rare piece. The numbers matching user probably would require an nos cast part but this kit was designed to be an economical option to fill a need not for the points correct application.
We have had good success over the years with these kits with no complaints other than a few on this board so we will continue with this design for our specific market. We are appreciative of those on this board that have supported us in the past with both their business and comments. Being a manufacturer of over 500 Mopar exhaust parts any input regarding our product(s) is very much appreciated.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/19/15 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By big-block-dave

Dave, hope you still have some. If so I'll use your spacer and Toms exhaust. I need it as close to original as I can get. Mike
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/20/15 04:04 AM

Big Block Dave is the man. This is mine from Dave with my finishing touches

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE THEM! MAKE THEM RIGHT!!!!

Attached picture 068.jpg

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/20/15 04:22 AM

I got mine from Big Block Dave and it is spot on. I would really like to see a picture of the one you sell and that would clear all the misunderstanding up. The one in the picture does not appear to be 2 pieces welded together.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 06/28/15 04:15 AM

no picture of the other one. must not be that nice
Posted By: RR6BBL1969

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 07/04/15 10:52 PM

So, who has the "correct" cast iron spacer that you guys like?

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 07/05/15 10:08 PM

What is the web address or phone number of big-block-Dave so I can order one of his A body 440 exhaust spacers? Sounds like his is the best from everyone's posts. Thanks
G.G.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 07/06/15 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By RR6BBL1969
What is the web address or phone number of big-block-Dave so I can order one of his A body 440 exhaust spacers? Sounds like his is the best from everyone's posts. Thanks
G.G.

You do understand that you only need this if you have the correct drivers side 440 manifold and want to use the original exhaust system. If you are having an exhaust system made locally you do not need really need it it.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 07/06/15 03:23 AM

I am quite aware, thank you.
I just need the contact info for Dave.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 07/06/15 08:23 PM

I am quite aware, thank you.
I just need the contact info for Dave.

Were you able to get ahold of him? wave

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 07/07/15 02:00 AM

I was busy today but will give him a call tomorrow. Thanks

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/21/16 03:22 PM

Jim, what do you think? Does this look right/correct?

Attached picture IMG_1644.JPG

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/21/16 05:19 PM

If that is from Dave its correct
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By Tom Swope
Our design is the two lazer cut flanges that are welded together.
The available cast appearing external coating makes the part appear to be pretty close to the original rare piece. The numbers matching user probably would require an nos cast part but this kit was designed to be an economical option to fill a need not for the points correct application.
We have had good success over the years with these kits with no complaints other than a few on this board so we will continue with this design for our specific market. We are appreciative of those on this board that have supported us in the past with both their business and comments. Being a manufacturer of over 500 Mopar exhaust parts any input regarding our product(s) is very much appreciated.

I have to speak for Tom and his crew. I have the stock exhaust on my GTS 383 big block. The fit was great. Had a little difficulty putting the system on but I figured it out. Great workmanship and a great product. Cudos to Tom and his crew.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 01:47 AM

I'll end up using their exhaust but I'm using Daves spacer. Almost certain there are no "nos" pieces, only what came on the cars.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 03:29 AM

Dons Exhaust is made from NOS pipes, His son took over the business. Its looks awesome. Use Dave's spacer.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 07:06 AM

mine

Attached picture spacer1.jpg

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 07:09 AM

nudder

Attached picture spacer.jpg

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 03:51 PM

The measurements are precise and fit the 440 ex. manifold perfectly. No it's not Dave's , I was given the measurements from an original one. I had several made.

Re: 69 440 A body Exh. Manifold spacer ? - 03/22/16 09:18 PM

The measurements are precise and fit the 440 ex. manifold perfectly. No it's not Dave's , I was given the measurements from an original one. I had several made.

Looks good to me! up
© 2024 Moparts Forums