Moparts

Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors?

Posted By: carcrazyguy

Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 03:38 AM

Trying to find a business to restore the 3 speed wiper motor for my 73 Barracuda. Anyone in the US rebuilding them? I know there may be a couple of guys in Canada that do it but not sure what hoops I would have to jump through to get the motor up there and back.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 03:43 AM

http://www.passion4mopars.com/

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 03:52 AM

Thank you!
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 03:58 AM

Bruce Somer (ns1aar here on Moparts) does them too.

http://ns1aar.com/e-body-3sp.html

http://ns1aar.com/home.html
Posted By: 69Boss302

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 04:48 AM

Bruce Somer has done 10 of them for me and all were perfect and less expensive than passion. Highly recommend.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 02:45 PM

Member ACR2000 took over Jules D'addio's business when he passed away. He's up in Canada. Extremely nice guy and helped me restore mine and even sent me parts on his own dime to help me. Kim of Passion4mopars is a nice lady and really knows her stuff. I've seen her work and it's extremely good. She is sometimes hard to reach. ns1aar is also a great guy and has been helpful to me on this forum. He has come highly recommended here. The good news is you really can't lose with any of these three very good people.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 03:00 PM

The guy who took over for Jules, is he doing the remote mirrors also?
Posted By: m46rat

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 03:13 PM

This guy does the best work by far: www.bmcuda.com He is in New Jersey.
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By m46rat
This guy does the best work by far: www.bmcuda.com He is in New Jersey.

2X Bill does Excellent work.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
The guy who took over for Jules, is he doing the remote mirrors also?

This I do not know. PM him and ask!
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/19/15 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By 69Boss302
Bruce Somer has done 10 of them for me and all were perfect and less expensive than passion. Highly recommend.

Bruce has done a few for me too and have been real happy with his work. I'm very picky too.
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/20/15 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By moparmarks
Originally Posted By 69Boss302

Bruce has done a few for me too and have been real happy with his work. I'm very picky too.

Same here, Bruce is my guy for wiper motors, even traded for a better dated coded unit for my cars, got me this 316th day of 1968 motor for my December 9th of 1968 assembled R/T

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: fc7vw9

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/20/15 10:47 PM

Bruce has done several motors for me and I am very happy with his work. I highly recommend his work!!

BMCuda did a few sets of latches and wiper linkage for my cudas and are awesome!!
FWIW
Posted By: Slotts

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/21/15 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA

iagree

Kim did my three speed. up

Jim
Posted By: Slotts

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/22/15 04:46 PM

tsk My bad to me.

Usually when I make a reply, I like to include pictures and let them do the talking. Here is an example of Kim's attention to detail. The factory used braided fiberglass insulation sleeves on the motor coil leads. The first picture is what caught my eye on her web site. We share a common philosophy of: "When you can't buy it, you find a way to make it." That's exactly what she does with these and I was sold.

Jim
Posted By: p4m

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/28/15 06:38 AM

crazycarguy, got your motor today and it's inventoried, photos taken and ready for disassembly. On a more important note, I see where tornadoes are in and around your area. Can you let me, and the rest of us, know that you and yours are out of harms way? (PS your inbox is full and not able to receive personal messages)

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/28/15 04:34 PM

Like many in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas, we have had more than our share of rain and bad weather. Thankfully the tornados have been mostly over open country. For the last 10-15 years our area has seen well below average rainfall. Our local lake that provides water to area towns dropped to a record low (from about 130 feet to about 20 feet). Now it making a small comeback and is up to about 47 feet. We need the rain, just wish it was not all at once.

As for the wiper motor. Thanks for the update! I look forward to seeing the final product!!

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/29/15 04:29 AM

Anyone doing door/trunk latches?
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/29/15 04:34 AM

http://www.n96airgrabber.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SVC-002

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/29/15 05:27 AM

Thanks. Got an email back from him. I will call him tomorrow to discuss what items he can replate and restore. This project is snowballing at a rapid pace. realcrazy
Posted By: Hemiruss

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/29/15 02:41 PM

I'll second....Kim @ Passion4 Mopar...she's super to deal with,for the last of a term..very passionate about doing stuf right..

Also a great shout out to Jim at JS Restorations..another great guy and Mopar "Warrior ".. Ok I'm done,they are good for the Mopar Team
Posted By: 71redcuda

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/29/15 03:43 PM

www.BMCUDA.COM

Bill is a great guy to deal with.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/29/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By carcrazyguy
Anyone doing door/trunk latches?

I used Stephan Fournier (Jules' friend) for my 1971 GTX latches. Very reasonable and fast turn around.

His e-mail is: stephan.fournier@videotron.ca

Attached picture 1971GTXdoorlatches.jpg
Posted By: curbman68

Re: Anyone in the US restoring wiper motors? - 05/30/15 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By 71redcuda
www.BMCUDA.COM

Bill is a great guy to deal with.

Bill is definitely a good guy to deal with and first class work.
© 2024 Moparts Forums