Moparts

Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question

Posted By: floyd

Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 04/29/15 09:32 PM

The recent eBay listing for a survivor 'cuda included an interesting picture of the space saver. It has a dual-valve style inflator and it looks like a yellow safety decal was applied over the familiar white decal.

I've seen several original Mopar space savers with the dual-valve style inflator. That style valve is common on Ford space savers but you almost never see it on a 70-71 Mopar rim. I seem to recall a discussion about those valves being added on later rims as a safety mod (to prevent over inflation).

Has anyone else seen any like this on original cars?

Attached picture 71 cuda.JPG
Attached picture 71 cuda1.JPG

Re: Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 04/29/15 09:33 PM

Here’s a pic of a survivor T/A with the yellow decal and the white decal. Single valve inflator.

Attached picture IMG_2087.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2051.JPG

Re: Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 04/29/15 09:37 PM

Ford rim with dual-valve style and possibly the same style yellow decal (sorry I don't have better pictures)

Attached picture ford ss 1.JPG
Posted By: fc7vw9

Re: Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 05/01/15 12:20 AM

The 71 Brown Hemi Challenger Shaker car (survivor) seen at MATS. Had the yellow sticker on the original space saver, the person said there was a recall of the space savers. FWIW
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 05/01/15 01:41 AM

On the ebay example you'll notice that there is a white label under the yellow one. Could have very well been added if it were taken in for a recall item.
Posted By: fc7vw9

Re: Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 05/12/15 11:00 PM

Picture of Brown Challenger

Attached picture IMG_20140411_071920_346.jpg

Re: Nitnoid Space Saver Detail Observation/Question - 05/13/15 03:09 AM

Very cool. Thanks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums