Moparts

70 Challenger SE emblem location.

Posted By: Twostick

70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/01/15 12:14 AM

Is there a template or diagram available to locate the SE emblem on the sail panel (C pillar?)?

My buddy just got his RT/SE back from the body shop and for what ever reason, the guy filled in the holes. He did a fine job too because they are GONE without a trace.

This isn't a concourse resto but if there is a way to install the new emblems "correctly", he would prefer it be done that way.

Kevin
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/01/15 01:26 AM

Can't see anything from the inside? Should be able to by removing the interior sail panel. It just pulls off like a door panel clip. Maybe some body filler seeping through the original hole?

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/01/15 09:45 PM

Apparently all the internal bracing blocks the view.

He went thru that trying to figure out how to get the emblems off without wrecking them. He thought they had nuts on the backside. No access from the inside.

Kevin
Posted By: cudino

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/02/15 03:34 AM

Is this emblem mounted by just a single hole/screw? If so I can help, my SE has the vinyl top off right now and I can take pictures/measurements. But I only see one ~1/4" hole.

- Wade

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/02/15 05:38 AM

Quote:

Is this emblem mounted by just a single hole/screw? If so I can help, my SE has the vinyl top off right now and I can take pictures/measurements. But I only see one ~1/4" hole.

- Wade

I believe it has just the one pin. Is there an insert that it pushes into or does the pin taper that much? As I recall the emblem just pushes in.

If you could send pics/measurements, that would be great. My E-mail should be in my profile.

Thanks

Kevin

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/02/15 07:34 AM

OK, just sent you some pics and dimensions, let me know if that works.

- Wade

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/02/15 08:25 PM

I couldn't post pics yesterday so I just emailed, but I got another request for these pics so here they are. I had this hole covered in duct tape, so what you see around the hole is just the ugly residue.

It is about a 1/4" hole, about 3 1/4" above the centerline of the lower moulding, and 4 1/4" (horizontal to the ground) from the center of the C-pillar moulding. And yes, there's stuff in the way on the inside of the roof so you can't see the hole.

This is an original, unrestored roof/car, but it has been primered after the top was removed.

Hope this helps,
- Wade

Attached picture 8478912-SEEmblemHole1.jpeg

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/02/15 08:26 PM

Attached picture 8478914-SEEmblemHole2.jpeg

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/02/15 08:26 PM

Attached picture 8478915-SEEmblemHole3.jpeg

Re: 70 Challenger SE emblem location. - 04/03/15 04:47 PM

I forwarded the pics to my buddy and he says they will help a bunch.

Thanks again.

Kevin
© 2024 Moparts Forums