Moparts

1969-70 Charger Front Valance Hardware.... Painted??

Posted By: CornDogsCharger

1969-70 Charger Front Valance Hardware.... Painted?? - 03/27/15 05:04 AM

I am having a brain fart right now but I was wondering... on a 1968-70 Charger, was the front valance bolted in place when the car was painted at the factory... like the rest of the body panels? The reason I'm asking, I'm trying to decide if the hardware should be painted the body color or left natural. Or was the valance painted separate and then bolted on later down the line... leaving the hardware natural (or unpainted) ?

I am restoring a '69 Charger 500 right now and, even though all body panels are being panted off the car, I am separating hardware that should be painted too. Thanks!!!!

Justin
"CornDog"
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: 1969-70 Charger Front Valance Hardware.... Painted?? - 03/27/15 04:32 PM

Going on the experiences of the survivor car I had and others I have been around, I recall the panels were painted then placed on the car, so the hardware wouldn't have paint on them...

Any others?

Troy
Posted By: CornDogsCharger

Re: 1969-70 Charger Front Valance Hardware.... Painted?? - 03/29/15 04:03 AM

Thanks Troy! That's what I was thinking but I couldn't remember for sure. Mostly because it is such a hassle to try and install the bumper assy. with the valance in place. Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 1969-70 Charger Front Valance Hardware.... Painted?? - 03/29/15 04:11 AM

For 1970 Hamtramck cars (no Chargers there that year) all the body panels were on the car when it went trough the dip & paint process.

When it came time to install the bumpers, the valances were removed, bumpers installed then valances re-attached with fresh hardware.
© 2024 Moparts Forums