Moparts

E body convertible top well cover.

Posted By: 70cudaMD

E body convertible top well cover. - 03/15/15 08:16 PM

I am putting the metal strip on the back of the rearseat that holds the cover for the top well. When I bought my seats they were already recovered so I can't see the holes in the frame to mount the metal strip. Is there an easy way to line the strip up with the holes without poking through the seat vinyl until I get lucky? Don't want a bunch of punctures in the seat cover. Also, what is the correct screw for this? Thanks.
Posted By: 340swing

Re: E body convertible top well cover. - 03/16/15 02:28 PM

If you slip your hand inside the rear seat back you can feel the holes once you get one started you should be all set.

Re: E body convertible top well cover. - 03/17/15 02:25 AM

I was able to find wholes in the seatback frame but they don't line up with the wholes in the retainer strip. frame was stripped and painted so I think the holes may have paint/filler in them. I assume it just uses sheetmetal screws right into the seat frame. Thanks.

Re: E body convertible top well cover. - 03/17/15 03:11 AM

see if this helps

Attached picture 8462369-seatback.jpg

Re: E body convertible top well cover. - 03/17/15 03:12 AM

Attached picture 8462370-seatscrew.jpg
Posted By: mccannix

Re: E body convertible top well cover. - 03/17/15 04:48 AM

Quote:

I was able to find wholes in the seatback frame but they don't line up with the wholes in the retainer strip. frame was stripped and painted so I think the holes may have paint/filler in them. I assume it just uses sheetmetal screws right into the seat frame. Thanks.

Hope that is the case but just so you know someone may have mixed it with a B-body convertible strip.
They are the same length and style except holes are in a different location than E-body strip.

Re: E body convertible top well cover. - 03/18/15 03:29 AM

Thanks, looks like I may have a strip for a B body.
© 2024 Moparts Forums