Moparts

e-body radiator fan and shroud question

Posted By: aar1

e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 09/22/14 12:20 PM

1970 big block cuda...... one of the blades on the fan decided to defect......... taking out the shroud and radiatior along the way. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a replacement fan blade and 26" shroud? Stock appearance is the main concern. Thanks.
Posted By: otter440

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 09/22/14 03:51 PM

you can get a schroud right from chrysler
Posted By: 70-AAR

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 09/23/14 03:54 AM

I've looked into this also. Only real re-pop that I've come across is at tony's parts.

http://www.tonysparts.com/newproductsE.htm

Half way down the page.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 09/23/14 08:03 PM

fan itself you'll have to find used.
shroud is still avail thru Mopar pt # 2998326
Posted By: plumcrazy704406

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 10/09/14 03:33 AM

sorry to change the subject, but how does one come up with part #'s that mother mopar still has in inventory?
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 10/09/14 04:49 AM

Quote:

1970 big block cuda...... one of the blades on the fan decided to defect......... taking out the shroud and radiatior along the way. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a replacement fan blade and 26" shroud? Stock appearance is the main concern. Thanks.

Sorry to hear this. But I have a similar story, same car and big block to boot. But I didn't just lose a blade, the whole fan decided to "defect" Like you the damage was sever, fan, shroud, battery, ground strap.

I hope its not a trend.

Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 10/09/14 05:58 AM

It has been a problem since the beginning of E Bodies. I saw a blade from a fan go through a 1970 440-6 Cudas Shaker Hood at the Drag Strip during the slicks being heated. These fans are now old and usually have seen some abuse over 40 years.
Posted By: Steve Bryant

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 10/09/14 01:05 PM

Just to echo what the others have said. I got my Mopar Performance P2998326 shroud from Jegs I believe for less than $100 and it fit great.

For the fans, I scan Ebay for them when I need them and pick up a couple and use the best one. I usually blast them with glass to see how the metal looks then coat them and install them.

Attached picture 8295257-shroud.jpg
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: e-body radiator fan and shroud question - 10/16/14 02:44 AM

I just bought the 26 inch shroud from the dealer today. For sure it's not a perfect match to the originals, shape is different and so is the material it's made from. I hope it will fit and function okay though. Wish I hadn't given my originals away a few years ago.

Sheldon
© 2024 Moparts Forums