Moparts

rally wheel center cap hole ?

Posted By: gogo318

rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/07/14 07:27 AM

Hey guys so I picked up some center caps for a set of steelies I'm cooking up but these particular ones have a large hole in the very center ( these aren't the cone shape hub style but the ones that look more like a large nut ) I'm not knowledgeable in the years what style is what . I've been looking for caps that I'm sure go in the holes but I can't find them ! I've seen some but there not clear as to what style of rally cap they are for . Any one did this before ?

Re: rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/07/14 04:07 PM

Research update ....so I'm assuming that the rallye caps I'm talking about are called acorn style and were on 72 and later mopars these particular ones are big bolt pattern and a large majority were one piece castings BUT some were made with a removable cap or plug that went in the centers and are frequently missing hopefully this helps give a better idea of what I'm referring to
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/08/14 12:26 AM

The ones you are talking about I believe were used in 1975-up....72-4 were solid...
Posted By: CDN72SE

Re: rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/08/14 03:18 AM

What year car are you wanting to use these caps on?

Re: rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/08/14 04:41 AM

Quote:

The ones you are talking about I believe were used in 1975-up....72-4 were solid...

you may be right about that and I'm putting them on a 73 scamp I'm not very concerned with period correctness I just think the car would look good with rallyes

Re: rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/11/14 04:45 PM

Any one ?
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: rally wheel center cap hole ? - 09/11/14 05:39 PM

The caps with the center plug were at least after 74. Why they re-tooled them, after using the caps without the plug is beyond me. I doubt anyone is re-popping the center plug that you need. It would probably be cheaper and easier to find a different set of the acorn style caps without the center plug, as they seem to be a lot more plentiful.
© 2024 Moparts Forums