Moparts

*Please* decode my Charger R/T....

Posted By: 52savoy

*Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 04:44 PM

Got the broadcast sheet and fender tag today for my recent acquisition . I don't have a decoding book
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 06:37 PM

Here's a great start to decode it as well as a ton more info on '70 Chargers....

http://1970chargerregistry.com/decoders.html

Looks like a cool combo though... FK5 Burnt Orange exterior with FK5 Burnt Orange interior and a V1G Black Gator Grain vinyl top, and V6X Black Longitudinal Tape Stripe
Posted By: EL5 71

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 07:34 PM

Gator Top....very cool.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 08:21 PM

The car has been stored for almost 30 years and the Gator top is long gone. Now that I have the sheet and fender tag no need to worry about proving it. Now besides money for the restoration, I need to save up for $1200+ vinyl..
I never liked the longitudinal stripes and thinking about going with a black tail stripe. I guess it depends on the rarity of the combinations
Posted By: Slant6pak

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 09:20 PM

I see FK5 paint,

But I'm not far enough to snuff with build sheets to tell if the second FK5 is the for the interior.

IMO, Burnt Orange paint with a Gator Grain top, and possilby a Burnt Orange interior is an awesome color combo.

I'd redo that one to the tag/sheet. Definately unique and will be head turner in a sea of purple and sublime cars.

OOPS: didn't read the above posts closely enough. FK5 interior too. Thats an awesome car.
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 09:39 PM

I think that color combo with a longitudinal stripe would be wicked cool. I'd stick with the original scheme......but it's your car.
Posted By: EL5 71

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 10:20 PM

You've definately got my vote for the longitudinal stripes too You just don't see enough 70 R/T's with those stripes. 14 years ago I almost purchased a similar Charger except this one was a sixpack, 4 speed, no console car, Gator Top and Hood blackout treatment with 440 callouts. All original roller and the price was just too steep for a new homeowner at the time. Good luck with it and please keep us posted on your progress.
Posted By: steve70

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/26/14 11:37 PM

Quote:

IMO, Burnt Orange paint with a Gator Grain top, and possilby a Burnt Orange interior is an awesome color combo.

I'd redo that one to the tag/sheet. Definately unique and will be head turner in a sea of purple and sublime cars.

Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/27/14 06:51 AM

Quote:

..... and a V1G Black Gator Grain vinyl top .....

there is NO SUCH THING as BLACK GATOR GRAIN VINYL TOPS!! Now go write that on the blackboard 100 times.

Attached picture 8252837-gatorsample.jpg
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/27/14 05:18 PM

yep, gator grain is gator grain.

Dave
Posted By: 340challconvert

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/27/14 05:49 PM

Very cool car with unique color and top combo.
Good luck with it. My car (70 A66 challenger convert) has been in storage since 1985, so I know how you feel.
This will be a very cool car when your done!

340challconvert

Attached picture 8253104-Dinopic15.JPG
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: *Please* decode my Charger R/T.... - 08/27/14 06:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

..... and a V1G Black Gator Grain vinyl top .....

there is NO SUCH THING as BLACK GATOR GRAIN VINYL TOPS!!

On a Mopar at least. ;-)
© 2024 Moparts Forums