Moparts

carb bolts for an A12 superbee

Posted By: vette1986

carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 12:52 AM

Anyone have any pics of what the correct carb bolts would be for my A12 should look like. Do they have a letter stamp on top and should there be washers? Thanks
Posted By: flypaper

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 01:42 AM

no washer,h on the head
i don't have them handy for pics,
i could get some tomarrow if nobody else comes up with some..
Posted By: 6bblRoadrunner

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 03:42 AM

I believe these are the correct bolts.

Attached picture 8241712-image.jpg
Posted By: vette1986

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 02:50 PM

Anyone got a pic of what the top of the intake manifold bolts should look like? Are they different since they are mounting to aluminum not cast iron? Thanks
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 03:23 PM

Quote:

Anyone got a pic of what the top of the intake manifold bolts should look like? Are they different since they are mounting to aluminum not cast iron? Thanks

Intake bolt - 3/8-16 x 1 1/2", 9/16" Hex,
"TR" head marking , Black Phos

Attached picture 8241971-809a_1.JPG
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 04:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And, when used on the Edelbrock aluminum manifold, they used washers under the head.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 04:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And, when used on the Edelbrock aluminum manifold, they used washers under the head.

Ans they weren't lock washers !
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/16/14 04:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And they weren't lock washers !

washers are a 3/4" outer diameter flat washer and I think are aluminum sixpack manifold only???
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/17/14 12:10 AM

original untouched intake from the "butterbee" on the a12 registry forum-you can see a star washer under that bolt where the return spring bracket is.
all the best
frank.

Attached picture 8242399-butterbeeintake.JPG

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/17/14 12:12 AM

the bee we have here has flat washers under the bolts-don`t look at the wrong position of the negative cable-it should be sandwiched between the bracket and the head like previous picture.
all the best
frank.

Attached picture 8242401-Dcp_0579.jpg
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/17/14 03:59 AM

Quote:

original untouched intake from the "butterbee" on the a12 registry forum-you can see a star washer under that bolt where the return spring bracket is.
all the best
frank.

If you look closer you will find that is not a washer,it is the serrations in the top side of the return spring bracket that resemble a washer.

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/17/14 03:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

all the best
frank.

If you look closer you will find that is not a washer,it is the serrations in the top side of the return spring bracket that resemble a washer.

You are correct Sir!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

Attached picture 8243026-440-six-barrel-throttle-spring-bracket.jpg

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/17/14 10:33 PM

sorry for that guys-i must have been looking with my elbows again.
all the best
frank.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/18/14 01:47 PM

How can you trust the pictures when nobody can even get the throttle return springs correct!

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/18/14 02:54 PM

maybe i should have said don`t look at many parts as we are slowly correcting them -such as the whole kickdown linkage setup-the incorrect power booster and master cylinder(now fixed with a midland ross unit-the incorrect wiper motor the wrong engine color and over painted intake etc etc. the main reason i put the picture up was to show the flat washers under the intake bolts which are correct-it isn`t a reference restoration by any means. i thought the question was about intake bolts-yes i wrongly thought there was a star washer under the bracket and after looking at the bee today i do see the serrated bracket. at the end of it all someone might have learned that there are washers under a12 and possibly aluminum intake 6pack cars and someone learned that there is no star washer under the return spring bracket...
all the best
frank
Posted By: jlatessa

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/18/14 04:09 PM

I think they used the flat washers on the intake-to-head bolts to prevent galling from the harder bolts on the AL., thus giving a false torque reading.

Joe

Re: carb bolts for an A12 superbee - 08/18/14 09:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And they weren't lock washers !

washers are a 3/4" outer diameter flat washer and I think are aluminum sixpack manifold only???

Correct, no washers in '70 on the cast iron intakes............
© 2024 Moparts Forums