Moparts

Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock??

Posted By: vette1986

Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock?? - 07/25/14 01:56 AM

Does anyone know a supplier that has the 1970 or 1971 AMD 440 valve covers in stock? I need a set and could use either as my car is an earlier Lynch road car so it could have used either. Classic is out, Amd is out. Anyone got any in stock??
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock?? - 07/25/14 02:28 PM

There's an original set for sale here on Moparts.Look in big block parts for sale.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock?? - 07/25/14 02:54 PM

There was a problem with some of them. I don't know if they got the issue fixed or not. A friend bought some for his 68. The baffles were welded too low and hit the rockers.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock?? - 07/25/14 03:21 PM

I love AMD products but the valve covers are not even close to a stock cover. After seeing them in person I was really disappointed.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock?? - 07/25/14 03:43 PM

Quote:

I love AMD products but the valve covers are not even close to a stock cover. After seeing them in person I was really disappointed.

That was the initial run, they were FUBAR'd from the start, they have recently retooled the line, I've purchased several sets of different years...lets say they're so close people are having a problem distinguishing them from NOS covers,...I'd recommend you avoid any EBAY buys as those might be some of the original tooling being passed off, I'd buy directly from an AMD vendor on Moparts, or directly thru AMD, your choice....521 Restorations is my recommendation if you want a preferred vendor

Mike
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Supplier AMD 70 or 71 valve covers with them in stock?? - 07/27/14 07:10 PM

I bought the "retooled" ones and they were close but no cigar. I sold them and bought some minty originals on EBay, for less money. Stay original and avoid the Chinese junk.
© 2024 Moparts Forums