Moparts

Who restores anodized trim?

Posted By: Slant6pak

Who restores anodized trim? - 06/01/14 04:16 PM

Hey guys,

Since Metro is no longer making stuff for Mopars, who can tackle restoring things like rocker and wheel opening moldings?

My '68 Coronet 500 has the wide rocker moldings, they have never been off the car and are looking pretty beat. They are dented and it looks the driver's side has small gouge that actually cracked the aluminum.

Can these be restored? How do I get them off without ruining them?

Thanks
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/01/14 04:22 PM

Special T's ,, I believe they are up near Chicago.

Had 1969 Charger grille trim done, and it came back flawless.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/01/14 04:46 PM

Quote:

Do they put the bright dip (anodize) coating back on the alumninum. Or option to do so.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/01/14 08:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do they put the bright dip (anodize) coating back on the alumninum. Or option to do so.

Yes.

Attached picture 8161990-DSC01965.JPG
Posted By: Tropicalcats

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/02/14 02:21 AM

Try http://kingoftrim.com they did mine and it came out great.
Posted By: Russ H.

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/22/14 06:30 AM

I just had the trunk deck trim and rocker panel spears redone By Shine on Me Restorations, San Clemente, CA. They were bright dip anodized and painted as original. These parts turned out absolutely stunning. The turnaround was about 2 months.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/22/14 06:52 AM

Quote:

I just had the trunk deck trim and rocker panel spears redone By Shine on Me Restorations, San Clemente, CA. They were bright dip anodized and painted as original. These parts turned out absolutely stunning. The turnaround was about 2 months.

Could you describe the condition and the how many flaws (nicks dents) where in the pieces pre restoration?

And then how much was the cost?
Posted By: fc7freak

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/22/14 01:59 PM

Shine on Me Restorations also did work for me on my headlight bezels and grill trim on my 71 Duster. They do great work and great to work with. Good Luck!
Posted By: Russ H.

Re: Who restores anodized trim? - 06/22/14 03:02 PM

The price for both trunk moldings (68 Barracuda) was $680.00 total. Their original condition was fair with several small dents and a good amount of pitting.

Shine on Me also offers a ceramic clear coating for aluminum parts that are to far gone to accept bright dip. My spear moldings had several deep pits that could not be polished out. We went the ceramic coating route with them. The price for straightening/polishing and applying the ceramic clear was $360.00 for the pair. Very impressed with the finished product

Hope this is helpful.

Russ
© 2024 Moparts Forums