Moparts

1969 GTX p/s question

Posted By: GKMOPAR

1969 GTX p/s question - 04/18/14 02:26 PM

I have a 69 440 GTX that has a federal p/s pump on it. The car was built on 3/69. I believe it should have a Saginaw pump with cooler (4:10 DANA). There are two sagenaw pumps. One has a nut to retain the pulley & the other does not. I also believe it is a 3 spoke pulley. Can anyone confirm what I need?
Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: 1969 GTX p/s question - 04/19/14 01:54 AM

my 69 gtx supper track pack 440 engine has saginaw pump spoke pulley with a nut. I don't know if it wea on the new but was on it when I got the car

Re: 1969 GTX p/s question - 04/19/14 07:05 PM

These things do get swapped through the years. I did not know what I had was wrong until I started looking into it. According to my factory parts book it is a saginaw with a cooler but wasn't sure of the correct style. The only way to know for sure is a picture from the day or if anyone had a true survivor. Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1969 GTX p/s question - 04/19/14 08:07 PM

Quote:

These things do get swapped through the years. I did not know what I had was wrong until I started looking into it. According to my factory parts book it is a saginaw with a cooler but wasn't sure of the correct style. The only way to know for sure is a picture from the day or if anyone had a true survivor. Thanks for the reply.

Are the last digits of the power steering pump part number listed on the build sheet?

Re: 1969 GTX p/s question - 04/19/14 10:09 PM

Unfortunately I have the fender tag but no build sheet
© 2024 Moparts Forums