Moparts

Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies?

Posted By: MuscleMopars

Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/01/14 09:34 PM

Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? How about the tray brackets?
Posted By: A12

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/01/14 09:41 PM

All are body color including the braces AFAIK
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/01/14 10:08 PM

Quote:

All are body color including the braces AFAIK

Yes............
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/01/14 11:54 PM

Posted By: Dixie

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/02/14 06:52 PM

Quote:

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/02/14 10:36 PM

Thanks! I'm working on an A4 '69 GTX and the tray looks original but was part Black and part Silver so I wasn't sure.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/02/14 10:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I'm working on an A4 '69 GTX and the tray looks original but was part Black and part Silver so I wasn't sure.

Hey no pictures, you ain't workin on it!

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey no pictures, you ain't workin on it!

This is some sort of April Fool's Day thread........
Posted By: cdp

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 02:32 AM

A few years ago, Roger Gibson pointed out a car that was original and made it down the line and painted without the battery tray installed. It was installed later and left black.

So.....anything can happen.

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 06:51 AM

Painted battery tray...

Attached picture 8099551-003b.jpg

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 06:58 AM

A4 69 GTX

Attached picture 8099554-010b.jpg

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 01:37 PM

Quote:

A4 69 GTX

Nice........
Posted By: RJS

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 05:40 PM

Very cool!
Posted By: haddixj

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 06:21 PM

any details or build thread on the GTX? My dad just picked up an A4 gtx with A4 interior, he plans on building it not original but maybe I can sway him with some good pics/ build thread on it. Its a column shift, fresh air hood car (not sure if all GTX came that way) but he plans on cosole 4 speed and modern hemi so original isnt that big of a deal I suppose

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 08:01 PM

Quote:

any details or build thread on the GTX? My dad just picked up an A4 gtx with A4 interior, he plans on building it not original but maybe I can sway him with some good pics/ build thread on it. Its a column shift, fresh air hood car (not sure if all GTX came that way) but he plans on cosole 4 speed and modern hemi so original isnt that big of a deal I suppose

Nope, they didn't all come that way. I do believe the column shift was standard, but the fresh air hood was an option unless it was ordered with a 426 Hemi. Sounds like a fun project.......

PS: Don't get rid of the original parts to the car, one may kick themselves in the rear later on...

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/03/14 10:29 PM

There isnt to much of the interior color left it has been apart for a long time, but at some point I would put it back to stock appearance at least probably leave the modern drivetrain in though
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/05/14 06:04 PM

Quote:

Unusual combo for sure! Here's a glimpse of how it'd look

Attached picture 8102318-RR37.jpg

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/05/14 06:06 PM

Attached picture 8102321-RR30.jpg

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/05/14 06:07 PM

Attached picture 8102324-RR24.jpg

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/06/14 03:00 AM

Looks good like that. Maybe I can show him the pics and sway him away from green. I have a few questions do they repro the silver interior? And are all gtx's standard with headrests? This car came with buckets and the front fold down armrest or buddy seat thing I think its called.

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/06/14 03:41 AM

Quote:

Looks good like that. Maybe I can show him the pics and sway him away from green. I have a few questions do they repro the silver interior? And are all gtx's standard with headrests? This car came with buckets and the front fold down armrest or buddy seat thing I think its called.

Head rests were mandatory for ALL cars as of January 1, 1969 so before that date they were usually ordered or not. My '69 GTX was a December 16, 1969 scheduled build date and had them but didn't by law need to.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/06/14 03:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Head rests were mandatory for ALL cars as of January 1, 1969 so before that date they were usually ordered or not. My '69 GTX was a December 16, 1969 scheduled build date and had them but didn't by law need to.

I hope you mean your SPO date was Dec. 16 of 1968 and not 1969.

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/06/14 04:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I hope you mean your SPO date was Dec. 16 of 1968 and not 1969.

oops sorry 1968

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/06/14 04:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Head rests were mandatory for ALL cars as of January 1, 1969 so before that date they were usually ordered or not. My '69 GTX was a December 16, 1968 scheduled build date and had them but didn't by law need to.

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/06/14 05:07 PM

I'll check his fender tag for the spo date. If it was an early car, I'm guessing the build sheet would be what calls out head rests?

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/08/14 02:58 AM

Yes, Legendary reproduces the interior

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/08/14 03:04 AM

Quote:

Doesn't happen to have a decent bottom seat cover does it? I'd like to find an original to replace my torn driver seat bottom. Other than that my interior is decent and the repop is too bright to use.

Re: Is the battery tray body color for '69 B-Bodies? - 04/08/14 05:23 AM

No sorry the seats aren't the OE color
© 2024 Moparts Forums