Moparts

A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets

Posted By: Erik

A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 05:55 PM

I installed the taillights on the cuda this past weekend, and the new gaskets I have a WAY too thick - almost 1/4".

Does anyone make a correct thickness gasket for the 'cuda taillights? The ones I have were from PG Classics.
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 06:37 PM

If 69 gaskets are the same, i've got an extra set i'll give you. just pay the stamp. they are from DMT and fit real nice.

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 06:52 PM

They look to be the same. How thick are your gaskets?
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 06:59 PM

Quote:

If 69 gaskets are the same, i've got an extra set i'll give you. just pay the stamp. they are from DMT and fit real nice.

The large fairly complex molded rubber gaskets than fit between the t/l housing and the rear quarter panel? I didn't think DMT had the capability to make molded gaskets in house.

Eric, was there any rear quarter work done to your Cuda? Could there be any excess skim bondo in the recease of the tail light bucket. Faint chance, but asking just in case.

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 07:47 PM

Yes - the gasket between the 1/4 and the housing. The housings are new, so there is no Bondo on them. With the 1/4" gaskets I have now, they sit way to far out and look silly sticking out from the trunk mouldings.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 07:56 PM

Quote:

Yes - the gasket between the 1/4 and the housing. The housings are new, so there is no Bondo on them. With the 1/4" gaskets I have now, they sit way to far out and look silly sticking out from the trunk mouldings.

I was thinking bondo or repro panel or bodywork on the body as opposed to the housing.

If it's the same gap on both sides, its most likely a gasket/housing issue.

Do you have your old gaskets?

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/24/14 08:11 PM

I wish I had them. Then I would not have this issue. I thought about pulling them off the old housings before I sold them, and never did. My bad.
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: A Body Cuda Taillight Gaskets - 03/25/14 01:22 AM

sorry, i thought you were talking about the lens to housing gaskets.
© 2024 Moparts Forums