Moparts

Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible???????

Posted By: Stewpar

Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/07/14 04:47 PM

My biggest pet peave, does anyone have a solution???? Thank you!
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/07/14 05:32 PM

The last two I did were leak free. Use the orange Viton seals. Offset the split slightly from the retainer cap split.
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/07/14 05:50 PM

Quote:

The last two I did were leak free. Use the orange Viton seals. Offset the split slightly from the retainer cap split.

Where did you get them from?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/07/14 06:28 PM

440source sells them, ebay has them, there's someone on Moparts too. Google it, they are not hard to find. Don't do the screwy silicone and pipe cleaner method for the sides of the retainer, use the rubber strip method.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/07/14 07:18 PM

Quote:

My biggest pet peave, does anyone have a solution???? Thank you!

I purchase a rear seal based on the crank's finish in the seal area, if it's knurled, rope seal only, if it's smooth, Viton rubber seal or rope, but prefer the rubber seal on a smooth crank surface, if you go rubber, "clock" the parting lines of the seal offset in it's "bore", not flush with the parting lines of the block/cap as mentioned in the above post

mike
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/07/14 10:04 PM

Posted By: 70runner

Re: Leak Free Rear Main Seal 440 Is It Possible??????? - 03/08/14 05:08 AM

Quote:

Used 440source kit with OE main seal housing. Offset is key. 440-6 build, rear main spotless for 15mos. 727 does dribble through the pivot hole tho
© 2024 Moparts Forums