Moparts

factory sunroof question

Posted By: 71mopardude

factory sunroof question - 12/25/08 11:49 PM

picked up a yellow 73 dart swinger with factory sunroof ... question is the interior is black but the headliner is missing now the trim to hold it all in is black except the sunvisors and the trim on the inside of the sunroof ... now does this mean that the headliner should be black or white???? kind of weird to have white visors and sunroof trim dont u think??? also another silly question .. car seems to be a deluxe interior car (wood grain and cloth inserts on the front seats) but the back seat is plane vinyl ... im guessing the rear seat was changed or could u order a car this way???

Attached picture 4901537-IMG_0018.JPG
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 12:14 AM

Quote:

picked up a yellow 73 dart swinger with factory sunroof ... question is the interior is black but the headliner is missing now the trim to hold it all in is black except the sunvisors and the trim on the inside of the sunroof ... now does this mean that the headliner should be black or white???? kind of weird to have white visors and sunroof trim dont u think??? also another silly question .. car seems to be a deluxe interior car (wood grain and cloth inserts on the front seats) but the back seat is plane vinyl ... im guessing the rear seat was changed or could u order a car this way???

junk it... cause i need complete "MOONROOF' for custom job
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 12:34 AM

Sounds like someone was swapping interior trim around...And yes the seats should match front to back.. ...Do some investigating during the disassembly and see if there's evidence of the swap...
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 12:43 AM

The interior code from your fender tag is.... ?
Posted By: MY340

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 01:10 AM

Galen Govier says all 1973 sunroof A-bodies had white headliners but I find it hard to believe for all black interior cars.

Posted By: rjadart

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 01:14 AM

My 340 Sport black gut had white headliner all had white with sun roof.
Posted By: xghobo

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 01:48 AM

White with a sunroof and i would say someone may have swapped out the seats.
Posted By: 340727dart

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 02:01 AM

Contrary to what GG says, my '73 Dart Sport had a black headliner with the factory sunroof.
Posted By: Sunroof 340

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 03:39 AM

My 73 340 Dart Sport M52 sunroof car originally had parchment interior, with a black headliner. Original headliner is still present and in excellent condition. I changed the rest of the interior color to black.
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 05:35 AM

FWIW...

The '73 parts book calls for parchment headliner on V,L 23 and 29 cars with sun roof.
Posted By: 71mopardude

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 02:40 PM

thanks for the help guys i guess it would have come with the white headliner ... which code is the interior trim ?? would it be on the fender tag??? the broadcast sheet is not readable due to the sunroof being left open for a year or two

Attached picture 4902271-IMG_0019.JPG
Posted By: Sunroof 340

Re: factory sunroof question - 12/26/08 10:27 PM

Quote:

FWIW...

The '73 parts book calls for parchment headliner on V,L 23 and 29 cars with sun roof.

My car was built Oct. 18, 1972. Could that have something to do with why it has a black headliner? I did not change the color of the headliner, nor does it look like it's ever been altered in any way.
© 2024 Moparts Forums