Moparts

Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers?

Posted By: mopar346

Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 03:05 AM

Does one typically go to one side and the other the other side?

Thanks in advance, Kevin
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 03:25 AM

Yes, generally odd numbers are left, even right. I remember it by saying to myself "the driver's crazy (odd) and the passenger is on an even keel."

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 03:46 AM

Thank you.
Posted By: A12

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 04:18 AM

Quote:

Yes, generally odd numbers are left, even right. I remember it by saying to myself "the driver's crazy (odd) and the passenger is on an even keel."

That's a good one

Graphic or decal part numbers are the most obvious like the '69 road runner left and right door bird decals. And we won't bring up the '69 A12 SIX PACK hood decals will we
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 06:48 AM

Quote:

Depends on whether you're in the driver seat or standing in front facing the car !!
Posted By: A12

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 08:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Depends on whether you're in the driver seat or standing in front facing the car !!

Or if you know anything about cars

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 02:08 PM

He might have left a question if he had not added his rhyme but drivers crazy and passenger is on an even keel pretty much leaves no room to confuse what he meant.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: Is there a general rule for odd/even part numbers? - 01/23/14 05:26 PM

exhaust is an example where the even right and odd left rule doesn't always hold true

another tidbit

as a rule of thumb to get a ballpark idea, works thru the 1970s

add 40 to the first 2 digits of the part # and its usually the about the first year it was used
© 2024 Moparts Forums