Moparts

Legendary & Metro color match problems?

Posted By: ryangtogtx

Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 05:46 PM

Anyone have any problems with Legendary seat covers and Metro door panels matching. Take a look at these pics and give me an opinion of what is correct. Thanks.

Attached picture 7999876-DSCN1234.JPG

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 05:48 PM

Another. It's a 71 Cuda for reference with H6B5 interior.

Attached picture 7999880-DSCN1233.JPG

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 05:50 PM

Last one.

Attached picture 7999881-DSCN1236.JPG
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 09:32 PM

Not surprised , the question is which one is wrong ? I had bought a White convertible top years ago from Legendary , they claimed it was correct , I always questioned it , finally at a show one of the reps told me that Legendary buys what was available ...

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 09:53 PM

I tend to think that the seat backs and door panels are wrong. The sprayout of the trim piece shown was a lot closer to the seat covers. I guess I'll have to dye the door panels and seat backs the correct color to match. Kind of peeves me off though. I'm not real happy with Metro right now anyway since I ordered some other stuff from them on Dec. 13 and still haven't received it. The tracking number shows up as shipped but hasn't left the sorting facility. They are supposed to be following up on it, but haven't heard much from them to resolve the problem.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 10:43 PM

They are not supposed to match. With colored interiors, different materials have different color shades.

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/16/14 11:40 PM

I realize they are supposed to be slightly different shades of blue, but they are way off. It's not even close and looking at pictures from Wellborn's survivor T/A they should be a lot closer.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 05:47 AM

Quote:

They are not supposed to match. With colored interiors, different materials have different color shades.

I agree. Lets face it, all of the plastic was not molded or made at the same time. Lots would vary and more than likely, they had more than one manufacturer which would also more than likely have a different shade.

Same holds true for all of the black painted parts in the engine compartment.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 07:56 AM

Quote:

but they are way off.

They were way off when new also. There was no intent, ever, that every single interior shade would match each of the others exactly.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 04:22 PM

Look at the interior pics of Dave Walden's Challenger. The shades are all over the place.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 04:44 PM

I restored a 68 charger with blue int and it had 4 different blues in the car.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 06:24 PM

I would leave them alone, it will look fine. That type of plastic releases oils and paint wont adhere very well and may flake in time. You can get away redying 40 year old panels that have dried out but even those tent to scratch very easily. Scott from Harms can chime in on the properties of plastic.

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 09:00 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: crocha617

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 09:14 PM

Here's some pics I found on the internet

Attached picture 8001334-453739_15885818_1971_Plymouth_Cuda.jpg
Posted By: crocha617

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/17/14 09:14 PM

More

Attached picture 8001335-B5Cuda.jpg
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 12:11 AM

You have several choices to make, either return everything, and search for clean original stuff, or doll out big coin for NOS, or spray dye the assorted panels so that everything matches the soft components like the seats, headliner, carpet, etc, etc, or just assemble everything as received...me personally I like everything tweaked so that it matches, not so much that it looks like a spray bomb went off inside the car, you need some colour/sheen/texture contrast so that it looks "natural" and not contrived...if you decide to dye the assorted components to match up, go with either SEM or PPG interior dye custom matched, and sprayed with a gun, not a can...SEM offers several topcoats in clear, low luster, satin gloss, gloss, I recommend a clear topcoat (if using SEM) to aid in colour retention, and ease of cleaning, and stain/scuff prevention, the low lustre clear coat is very natural looking, has no visible sheen when applied correctly, and does not alter the colour

Mike

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 12:20 AM

Quote:

Look at the interior pics of Dave Walden's Challenger. The shades are all over the place.

agreed, blue and greens on the E bodies all varied greatly in shade/contrast on the assorted hard plastic, vinyl, and metal pcs...they were done in batches, multiple vendors, and lots of human intervention/error, and quality control wasn't really concerned with colour variation...

Here's DW 70 Challenger OEM Gold winner

Attached picture 8001494-walden4.JPG

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 12:21 AM

Attached picture 8001496-walden.JPG

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 12:22 AM

Attached picture 8001498-walden5.JPG

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 12:30 AM

Plus your pics, lighting, type of camera, my monitor, Joe Blows monitor, everything will look different, bad eye sight, maybe being colour blind, etc, etc, etc, it's all subjective

Attached picture 8001513-davewchall6.JPG
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 07:07 PM

Legendary has a lot of NOS stock to accurately reproduce the trim here in the U.S.

The Metro panels are Made in China. So, I'm sure the colors will have variation.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Legendary & Metro color match problems? - 01/18/14 11:20 PM

Quote:

Legendary has a lot of NOS stock to accurately reproduce the trim here in the U.S.

The Metro panels are Made in China. So, I'm sure the colors will have variation.

As I mentioned before...... Interior stuff from the factory had variation in the colors due to different manufacturers and sheens.
© 2024 Moparts Forums