Moparts

CHALLENGER QTR GLASS

Posted By: B1MAXX

CHALLENGER QTR GLASS - 01/05/14 05:56 PM

Is there a differance between the run of 1970 to 1974 e-body qtr glass. I noticed the glass itself seems to have more holes on the later glass. Bottom line is can a missing 1970 window assembly be replaced by any year? Thanks!
Posted By: YYZ

Re: CHALLENGER QTR GLASS - 01/05/14 07:02 PM

Quote:

Is there a differance between the run of 1970 to 1974 e-body qtr glass. I noticed the glass itself seems to have more holes on the later glass. Bottom line is can a missing 1970 window assembly be replaced by any year? Thanks!

The quarter windows are interchangeable across all years, though the '70 has a slightly different metal channel & weatherstrip. That does not affect function, only appearance.

For door glass, '70-'71 has 11 holes below the beltline, '72-up only has 9. I'm not sure about the interchangeability, but suspect that the extra holes for '70-1 may have had to do with the availability of power windows.

For hardtops, the door glass is the same between Challenger & 'Cuda, only the quarter windows and backlite are different.

For convertibles, all glass is the same between 'Cuda & Challenger.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: CHALLENGER QTR GLASS - 01/06/14 07:49 PM

I used to have a 71' /6 Challenger that only had a 198 /6 in it with no options whatsoever that didn't even have roll down windows. The rear quarter glass was fixed & just had plugs in the door panels. I wonder if that had a different type of glass in it?
© 2024 Moparts Forums