Moparts

Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap

Posted By: Matt M

Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/25/13 09:26 PM

Has anybody bought one?
What did you think of the accuracy/quality/fit?

How hard is it to find a original one?

Thanks
Matt
Posted By: Mr D21

Re: Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/25/13 09:29 PM

You can pick up an NOS one all day long - just check epay and several will pop up,,, typically they run $350-$400 ea approximately.
Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Re: Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/30/13 04:30 PM

Actually I had a NOS on up against a repro and the repro actually seemed to be better quality in a real side by side test. The chrome and overall finish was better than the NOS one and it opened and closed better. The repro is good enough for 98% of the cars out there and I can tell you , I am very pickey about repro stuff . just my .002 .
Posted By: clonedshaker+6

Re: Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/30/13 06:59 PM

I bought a repop flip top out at Carlisle I think it was $90 idk who its from but fits pretty much perfect in the original quarter but had to file it down to make it fit in the AMD quarter. it looks like new and fits good plus id rather file a $90 repop than a $400 NOS
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/31/13 12:43 AM

Thanks for the information guys.

Matt
Posted By: fireeng

Re: Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/31/13 02:53 AM

Quote:

I bought a repop flip top out at Carlisle I think it was $90 idk who its from but fits pretty much perfect in the original quarter but had to file it down to make it fit in the AMD quarter. it looks like new and fits good plus id rather file a $90 repop than a $400 NOS

Repop quarters don't have the same stamp for the gas filler as OEM. Even an NOS cap won't fit right in a repop quarter. DAMHIK.....
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Repop Challanger Flip Top Gas Cap - 10/31/13 02:27 PM

Quote:

Repop quarters don't have the same stamp for the gas filler as OEM. Even an NOS cap won't fit right in a repop quarter. DAMHIK.....

Add me to the list of people unhappy with the gas filler stamping hole. "Won't fit right" is an understatement. They aren't even close...

The side marker light stampings were way off also...
© 2024 Moparts Forums