Moparts

b Body Seat belt question

Posted By: Erik

b Body Seat belt question - 09/26/13 02:52 PM

I finished changing out the interior panels in my Coronet and discovered that the rear seat belts were missing. I also discovered the car was originally dark green with a green interior (fender tag is missing) that was converted to black (glove box door was painted black from green and the headliner has obviously been replaced).

That got me to thinking - since the interior was converted and I am missing the rear belts, am I also missing the front shoulder belts? There aren't any in it now.

Did '69 B bodies come with shoulder belts (bench seat car)?
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/26/13 03:47 PM

They sure did.

Posted By: Erik

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/26/13 06:18 PM

I have an extra set of e-body seatbelts. Do you think they would fit?

What do the shoulder retainers on the roof look like?
Posted By: topside

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/26/13 10:46 PM

The shoulder belts clipped onto a curved metal piece mounted at the sun visor bases; basically a male end to which the female shoulder belt buckle clasps.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/27/13 12:19 AM

Didn't shoulder belts become manitory Jan 1 of 69, meaning prior to Jan it was an option. I believe this is the case with headrest but unclear on the shoulder belts.
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/27/13 02:46 AM

Quote:

Didn't shoulder belts become manitory Jan 1 of 69, meaning prior to Jan it was an option. I believe this is the case with headrest but unclear on the shoulder belts.

Here is the 1969 dealer data book info from Hamtramck Historical.

Front shoulder belts were standard equipment (except on convertibles where is was an extra cost option).

Headrests were an extra cost option but "will be standard equipment at a later date" (which was Jan 1, 1969)

Posted By: superwrench

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/27/13 02:47 AM

Quote:

\
I believe it was January 1968......
Posted By: mopar346

Re: b Body Seat belt question - 09/27/13 03:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

\
I believe it was January 1968......

You could be right, if that is the case then I wonder why they were optional on verts in early 69, maybe they were exempt. Love your car by the way.

Great info above, thanks Moparfan.
© 2024 Moparts Forums