Moparts

Retrosound speakers in E-body

Posted By: Flying Banana

Retrosound speakers in E-body - 08/20/13 07:26 PM

Does anyone know if the Retrosound 3.5" and 4" X 10" speakers fit an E-body 3 speaker dash without dash-frame modification?
Posted By: 70ucode

Re: Retrosound speakers in E-body - 08/20/13 10:05 PM

The 4x10 center speaker from Classic industries definitely does not fit. The magnet is way to big. You would have to cut the hole in the dash frame to fit it. I ended up sending my beat up torn original speaker out to be be re-coned.

John
Posted By: JAK

Re: Retrosound speakers in E-body - 08/21/13 01:58 AM

I used this company when ordering my speakers for my 71 challenger (single front speaker and single rear speaker).

http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm
Posted By: Flying Banana

Re: Retrosound speakers in E-body - 08/21/13 03:32 PM

Those look nice, but I need 4 ohm speakers for my converted radio, and the Retrosound units have a dual coil center speaker that looks like it should work nicely if it fits without mods to the dash frame. Decent sound quality would also be a plus....
Posted By: Topcat

Re: Retrosound speakers in E-body - 08/22/13 04:57 AM

Quote:

Those look nice, but I need 4 ohm speakers for my converted radio, and the Retrosound units have a dual coil center speaker that looks like it should work nicely if it fits without mods to the dash frame. Decent sound quality would also be a plus....

Call them.

You'll need to wire in a resistor to make it a 4 ohm.

Outer small front corner speakers are clocked differently as far as the connectors go.
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: Retrosound speakers in E-body - 08/22/13 08:13 AM

The FM conversions we do allow you to use 4 or 8 ohm speakers, however with 180 watts / 45 watts per channel , you are probably going to want speakers with a bit
more a$$ than factory replacements that were intended to handle a 2 1/2 or 5 watt radio originally.

Greg
© 2024 Moparts Forums