Moparts

PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS?

Posted By: Since1822

PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/20/13 01:12 AM

Does anyone have any RECENTLY installed pics of PG classic ramcharger box or the air grabber ? I have heard that the new ones they are making are decent and look more original than the first ones they came out with. Any advice or opinion, pics etc. etc. would be helpful. I am not looking for a 100 point restoration piece, but looking to convert my bulge hood to an air grabber car. It seems that the picking for original pieces is slim and the price is high. For around $500, this doesn't seem to be a bad price, considering the work needed on most of the used stuff out there. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/20/13 12:54 PM

come on guys!!! no one has any pics or bought one of these ramcharger units???
Posted By: farmboy70

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/20/13 05:54 PM

I have one here now and get pictures later today of the under hood box.
For anyone looking at the Road runner top fiberglass piece run away as fast as you can!
Dave
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/20/13 07:20 PM

I bought one and took the gaskets, cables and decal out of the box and threw the rest in the garbage. I still have a couple of the pces as I was going to remove the air dampers from them. They lack detail, are at least twice as thick as the originals (and twice as heavy), they aren't made from the right material and EVERYTHING is painted orange including the rivits and all brackets. Even a poorly patched then painted original is going to look far better IMO. Sorry to say that this is probably the worst quality repop item I've purchased to date....it also arrived broken in about 6 places.

Dave
Posted By: flypaper

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/20/13 11:06 PM

new ones?
that fit?

file all of that under
"wishful thinking"

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/20/13 11:44 PM

I thinking I may just have to call THE RAM MAN and dish out the $$$$$ for a good original.....
Posted By: farmboy70

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/21/13 11:58 AM

The box it's self is not bad apperence wise, but it is made out of a softer material. I wonder what the heat from the engine will do to it.
I agree the rest of the kit is crude at best.
The top panel for a 1971 Road runner is terrible and not worth the box it came in.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: PG CLASSIC Air Grabber Ramcharger??? PICS? - 08/21/13 02:40 PM

The only other kit (71/2 AirGrabber Plymouth) on the market is made by Stinger/AAR Fiberglass...now known as www.americansportscar.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums