Moparts

A - 833 Clutch and transmission install

Posted By: Demoman

A - 833 Clutch and transmission install - 12/12/08 03:27 AM

Hey guys i am 23 years old and restoring my first car a 69 coronet and converted it from auto to manual, I got the pedals and tranny tunnel in and the tranny and shifter all to where it needs to be.. this is my first manual tranny install.. My 440 has the pilot bushing already installed.. I bought a centerforce duel friction clutch.. I have a fly wheel that came with the tranny.. I do not have a throw out bearing.. or a z bar and clutch linkage.. Does anyone have a good diagram on how to put it all together..?

thanks

Dave
Posted By: jbc426

Re: A - 833 Clutch and transmission install - 12/12/08 03:41 AM

Dig around on this site. http://www.brewersperformance.com/default.htm
You can also do a search in the archives.

Attached picture 4873547-linkage&rearend009(Large).jpg
Posted By: Mark340A66

Re: A - 833 Clutch and transmission install - 12/12/08 04:20 PM

Quote:

Hey guys i am 23 years old and restoring my first car a 69 coronet and converted it from auto to manual, I got the pedals and tranny tunnel in and the tranny and shifter all to where it needs to be.. this is my first manual tranny install.. My 440 has the pilot bushing already installed.. I bought a centerforce duel friction clutch.. I have a fly wheel that came with the tranny.. I do not have a throw out bearing.. or a z bar and clutch linkage.. Does anyone have a good diagram on how to put it all together..?

thanks

Dave

Are you using a factory bellhousing? IMHO much easer to sort out linkage than if you have a scettershield. It can;t be installed if you don't have a throwout bearing.I'd use a CF bearing. FSM is the best if you are going factory parts. The CF D-F is a great clutch, I had one in my 70 340 Challenger. You will have to pull out the Over-Center spring. it's too much for a diaphragm clutch.

Good Luck.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: A - 833 Clutch and transmission install - 12/12/08 08:01 PM

The tech archives have some good diagrams of clutch linkage:

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/clutch/13.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums