Moparts

Is this part of the frame being reproduced??

Posted By: jughed

Is this part of the frame being reproduced?? - 07/30/13 10:59 PM

I hope Rhinodart doesn't mind me using his pic for this topic, but I would like to replace the circled section of frame (not sure exactly what the technical name is) and would like to know if they are being reproduced at all. It's a '68 Dart, BTW
I can blame myself for cutting a good chunk of it out for fenderwell header exhaust system clearance many years ago.
Im now righting some wrongs and doing a body resto. Thanks for any help!!!!!

Attached picture 7795781-7088671-MVC-009F.jpg
Posted By: Dodge33

Re: Is this part of the frame being reproduced?? - 07/31/13 12:47 AM

we have some rustfree metal here at the shop
pm if interested. are you talking torsion bar
crossmember? or the panel from the front rail
to inner rocker?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Is this part of the frame being reproduced?? - 07/31/13 12:53 AM

No problem using my pics, that is why I posted them! All A-body's that got cut for fenderwell headers had to have that part cut too, I should have a few of them laying around if you can't find any close to you as they are not reproduced yet. Any A-Body from 67-76 will have them so they should be easy to find.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Is this part of the frame being reproduced?? - 07/31/13 01:12 AM

Quote:

we have some rustfree metal here at the shop
pm if interested. are you talking torsion bar
crossmember? or the panel from the front rail
to inner rocker?

the piece between the rocker and frame...in line with the trans crossmember.

Quote:

No problem using my pics, that is why I posted them! All A-body's that got cut for fenderwell headers had to have that part cut too, I should have a few of them laying around if you can't find any close to you as they are not reproduced yet. Any A-Body from 67-76 will have them so they should be easy to find.

Thanks, gentlemen!!!
Posted By: A12

Re: Is this part of the frame being reproduced?? - 07/31/13 03:52 AM

I'm sure you've looked here... http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=0037

I didn't see the outer section you're looking for so I'd take the fine offers from the good guys here IIWY
© 2024 Moparts Forums