Moparts

Is this a Mopar jack?

Posted By: KillerBee

Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 01:28 AM

This is the jack that was in my 71 R/T Challenger when I bought it.

My Challenger had a June 16 SPD and has slots in both bumpers but I have no idea if the bumpers are original.

I don't see any date code numbers just a couple 7's under where the jack hook pivots.

The mast is 35 1/2" long.

I am clueless when it comes to correct jacks but I have a feeling it isn't even a Mopar part?

Thanks for any info.

Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 01:45 AM

Looks like a 72 up B body jack.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 03:11 AM

Not a mopar jack. Slot type jack for another brand. Your car had a removable jack hook that clipped onto the mechanism part #2933102.

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 03:20 AM

Quote:

Not a mopar jack. Slot type jack for another brand. Your car had a removable jack hook that clipped onto the mechanism part #2933102.

Thanks.

I was under the impression the new style slotted bumper and jack were used on late production 71 Challengers?
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 03:24 AM

I have a late April Road Runner and its not a slot style.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 03:24 AM

Yes, late 71's had the slotted bumpers.

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 03:29 AM

This what I found from http://www.challengerspecs.com/1971challenger.htm

"The front bumper was carried over from the previous year until Feb. '71 when a new bumper was used. This then had to be changed again in June due to new safety requirements. Elastomeric front and rear bumpers became available for the Challenger in '71 but only in four colours. These were B5 blue, Y3 yellow, V2 hemi orange and, depending which reference you read, either C7 plum crazy or J6 green.

From April '71 all painted bumpers were cancelled except for Y3 yellow for some reason."
Posted By: JAK

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 02:15 PM

My 71 challenger rt was also built on june 16th of 71. Unfortunately the previous owner replaced the bumpers with 71 stye bumpers and the jack was missing.

Can you tell if your bumpers are original to your car?

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 02:34 PM

Quote:

My 71 challenger rt was also built on june 16th of 71. Unfortunately the previous owner replaced the bumpers with 71 stye bumpers and the jack was missing.

Can you tell if your bumpers are original to your car?

I can't tell for sure about the bumpers.

I did just have the rear bumper and brackets off and the bolts that hold the brackets to the car still had the thin factory washer? that holds the bolt in place while mounting.

all the hardware that was on the rear bumper and brackets appeared original.

I don't imagine it would say anything on the build sheet?

Posted By: JAK

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/07/13 06:05 PM

I looked at my broadcast sheet and did not see anything referencing type of bumper from a part number perspective. There are options for rubber bumpers.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a date of when the bumpers switched to the "slot" type.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/08/13 01:55 AM

My buddie's '71 Challenger has a mid-'71 SPD and it also has the slotted bumpers which are original to the car. However, it still had the 102 hook jack assembly.

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/08/13 03:23 AM

Quote:

My buddie's '71 Challenger has a mid-'71 SPD and it also has the slotted bumpers which are original to the car. However, it still had the 102 hook jack assembly.

Makes sense as the older style hook jack probably still would work on a slotted bumper.

Maybe they used up the rest of the hook jacks even with the slotted bumpers.
Posted By: RichL1967

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/08/13 04:07 AM

Quote:

Looks like a 72 up B body jack.

Looks like the jack that was in my 72 Charger. (It had the bumper slots)
But then again it also looks like the jack that was for my 1974 Pontiac Firebird. Its been 25+ years since I've seen either one though.
Posted By: Big Mopar Jay

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/20/13 09:01 AM

Quote:

Here is my 71 Challenger James is talking about. It also has a June 16th build date. Bumpers are original and never been off the car.

Attached picture 7783228-Challengers039.jpg

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/20/13 09:02 AM

Rear

Attached picture 7783229-Challengers040.jpg

Re: Is this a Mopar jack? - 07/20/13 09:09 AM

I have had the car since 09. Since then I've spoken to many 71 Challenger owners. In 2010 I spoke to a gentleman at the Nats in Ohio who had a 71 R/T Challenger. His Spd build date was exactly one week earlier on June 9th 71. He was the original owner of the car and only his front bumper was slotted. He also stated his bumpers were original to the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums