Moparts

Front end

Posted By: ebodyfrank

Front end - 05/24/13 06:38 AM

Have a 72 dodge challenger with front disc brakes all brand new parts every time brakes are applied there is a snapping noise coming from the front end only snaps in forward does not snap in reverse put the car in nutrual thought it might be drive shaft yok or u joints. But not that
Anybody have had this problem or any suggestions
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Front end - 05/24/13 12:25 PM

every so often, if I don't drive my charger for a while, I get a loud metallic snap which I have found to be the disc brake pad sliding forward in its spot. Im pretty sure your set up is different than mine as I have the 4 piston brake calipers but figured I would mention it. I think when my pads were made, the metal backing plate did not have enough of the ear tab stamped out to hold it snugly in place. Usually after it does that noise once, it is quiet for the remaining time of the ride.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Front end - 05/24/13 02:51 PM

They make an anti rattle clip for the pads. It attaches to the outside of the caliper. That might be worth a try. I've got a rattle when I go over bumps. I'm going to try that clip too.
Posted By: 69suprbee

Re: Front end - 05/25/13 07:22 PM

similar problem recently on my 69 bee (upgraded to disc front)the driver side caliper was actually loose.it only made a clunking noise in forward.might check
© 2024 Moparts Forums