Moparts

Bumper Boyz quality?

Posted By: denfireguy

Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 02:30 PM

I just saw in another thread that there have been issues with their quality. I did not want to hijack that thread so I ask here, have you used them and what was the quality?
We have Denver Bumper here but the locals are not thrilled with their work and recommend Bumper Boyz.
Any input would be appreciated.
Craig
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 02:33 PM

This will be - ummm -"enlightening".
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 03:02 PM

So you saw a bunch of opinions on a company, then ask for opinions on the same company?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Bumper boyz NO!

I've heard very good things about this place.
http://www.ogdenchrome.com/
Posted By: runnerrt

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 03:11 PM

I had Denver Bumper do the bumpers for my Super Bee going on 2 years ago now and no complaints here. Reasonable price and less than 2 week turn around. Maybe I got lucky.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 03:24 PM

A good rule of thumb...do not deal with anyone who substitutes a "z" where an "s" should be.

Jimmy'z automotive will change your oil and leave the drain plug out
All Agez Child Care will drop the baby on his head
Bad Boyz BBQ will give you food poisoning
Bumper Boyz will do a bad job on your bumper
Posted By: Aero426

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 06:07 PM

Quote:

A good rule of thumb...do not deal with anyone who substitutes a "z" where an "s" should be.

Jimmy'z automotive will change your oil and leave the drain plug out
All Agez Child Care will drop the baby on his head
Bad Boyz BBQ will give you food poisoning
Bumper Boyz will do a bad job on your bumper

You need to work one in there for Jimz Auto Parts.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 06:14 PM

The subject of Bumper Boyz quality =

Attached picture 7692647-deadhorse.gif
Posted By: RJS

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/03/13 08:05 PM

Those two words shouldn't be in same sentence...

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/04/13 02:33 PM

Quote:

So you saw a bunch of opinions on a company, then ask for opinions on the same company?

Posted By: 72ls5fla

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/04/13 02:42 PM

junk
more junk

holy crap its junk ,,,,

Hope i'm painting a clear picture ...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/05/13 12:37 AM

Run away as fast as you can! Run fast, run straight, run long!
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/05/13 01:47 AM

I have always had our bumper done by tri city in Tenn. Always good work from them. life time on the bumpers .show chrome!!!
Posted By: Spike

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/05/13 01:50 PM

Take the advice of these wise men !!

Attached picture 7694431-runaway.jpg
Posted By: terzmo

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 12:35 AM

Quote:

I've used bumper boyz several times. Just ordered front and rear for My R/T. Had one issue but they corrected it with no questions asked.

I'd ask the people who are negitive if they ACTUALLY did business with them or just passing negitive around. Bad news travels faster than good.
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 07:21 AM

I got one from Bumper Boyz and within 6 months started rusting. It was 1 week out of warranty and they said SORRY. Within a year chrome was pealing and more rust.
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Tri City plating one has been on the car for 5 years and NO issues.
Still Looks Great.

My from someone that HAD one from BBoyz.
David
Posted By: BB65Barracuda

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 10:52 AM

I was fortunate in my dealings with them!
I had set up picking up a bumper for my Cuda at a swap in Midland mich a while back.
They wasted my 2 hrs of drive time telling me they had my bumper with them so I could meet them in midland and save shipping.
I drove all the way out to the swap and behold.. they didn't have one with them for my car.
I bought one from a reputable vender.
I have seen the lack of quality and workmanship on a few cars locally and consider myself lucky to NOT to have bought anything from them!!
Posted By: terzmo

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 01:15 PM

Quote:

I got one from Bumper Boyz and within 6 months started rusting. It was 1 week out of warranty and they said SORRY. Within a year chrome was pealing and more rust.
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Tri City plating one has been on the car for 5 years and NO issues.
Still Looks Great.

My from someone that HAD one from BBoyz.
David

Don't know when u got urs but BB has been warrantying bumpers a long time for 2 years.
Posted By: drmopar

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 01:38 PM

I purchased bumpers from them 10 years ago and 2 years later the chrome was peeling and was discolored on the top. The car was a garaged car never in the weather. Buyer beware.
Posted By: paris401

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 07:54 PM

never used B/boys, but did use tricity... bought a rear bumper for a superbird.. 1st one sent was wavy on the top portion...sent it back...the 2nd was wavy on the bottom portion... back it went... the 3rd bumper was 'ok'... not 100%, but pretty close..

all had hammer marks on the backside... should have sent them the one off the bird which was/is a perfect core... not a hammer mark....
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 07:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've used bumper boyz several times. Just ordered front and rear for My R/T. Had one issue but they corrected it with no questions asked.

I'd ask the people who are negitive if they ACTUALLY did business with them or just passing negitive around. Bad news travels faster than good.

The rear bumper on my wife's Valiant is from BB. It was on the car when we bought it. It's decent. C+/B-, maybe.
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/06/13 08:34 PM

Another Tri-City "happy customer" . Almost 10 years now...granted the car is garaged. But, still look new.

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/07/13 04:42 AM

Thanks for all the replies. At least with Denver Bumper, I can drop them off one at a time and not pay any shipping.
Craig
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/07/13 04:53 AM

I must have got the only good bumper they ever made. It's been on the car about 15 years and looks decent considering what I've put it through.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/07/13 12:30 PM

Quote:

I purchased bumpers from them 10 years ago and 2 years later the chrome was peeling and was discolored on the top. The car was a garaged car never in the weather. Buyer beware.

That is the issue we had with ours. Peeled got a replacement and that one peeled as well. Rear bumper had a faded spot where you could see the copper through it.

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/08/13 04:02 PM

Quote:

I must have got the only good bumper they ever made. It's been on the car about 15 years and looks decent considering what I've put it through.

Bumper Boyz today is not the Bumper Boyz of fifteen years ago....

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/08/13 10:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bumper Boyz today is not the Bumper Boyz of fifteen years ago....

In defense of all bumper and chrome platers, the processes they can use are not the same as they were 15 years ago. Clean Air regulations have impacted that industry far more than the paint industry.
Craig
Posted By: Mr D21

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/08/13 11:46 PM

In defense of all bumper and chrome platers, the processes they can use are not the same as they were 15 years ago. Clean Air regulations have impacted that industry far more than the paint industry.
Craig

Ummm maybe, but other platers have figured it out and they are able to produce quality results...

Re: Bumper Boyz quality? - 05/09/13 02:51 PM

It's a service everyone wants. Chrome plating done cheaply. It's in demand and 90% of the chroming is done to first timers. As long as there is first-timers, there will be a Bumper Boyz. I have no problem with what they do. I can't use them because my car is a keeper.

I just need a confirmation to one thing I heard about them. Do they, or do they NOT now send the bumpers on a round trip to Mexico and poisoning the kids there because they can't here?
© 2024 Moparts Forums