Moparts

Challenger T/A help

Posted By: 2JcodeChargers

Challenger T/A help - 04/02/13 07:35 PM

I just got a T/A and it is a pretty darn nice car with 65K miles on it. Original motor, trans sheet metal etc... A couple of questions though since most of my experience is with 68-70 B-Bodies. The T/A needs valve covers and I am seeing specific valve covers advertised for these cars. What the heck is the difference between a trans-am car valve cover and a valve cover from a 340 Duster? or for that matter a 318 Valient? Also the car needs a correct oil pan. What do I need to look for in an o.e.m. oil pan. Are there numbers on the pan like a big-block pan?
Thanks.
Any pictures of correct cars would be appreciated.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Challenger T/A help - 04/02/13 07:49 PM

A tab or two for routing the spark plug wires are in different locations than standard 340 valve covers. I think someone sells repro tabs so you can weld them on a standard valve cover to make it right for a trans am car.
I've got pictures but they're on my home PC, hopefully someone else will post some.
The oil pan has a 294 number in it. I don't think they are repro'd yet like the big block pans, but 294 oil pans are not all that hard to find.
Posted By: 3twos

Re: Challenger T/A help - 04/02/13 08:58 PM

Here is a picture, I think you can buy re-pops from AMD?

Attached picture 7651966-CORRECTVALVECOVERS.jpg
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: Challenger T/A help - 04/03/13 02:14 AM

I have the sparkplug wire and harness tabs . If your interested PM me .
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Challenger T/A help - 04/03/13 03:06 AM

Quote:

Any pictures of correct cars would be appreciated.

Any pictures of your new car would be appreciated by me! That thing sounds nice from your description........
© 2024 Moparts Forums