Moparts

Trying to make it look 68 new!!

Posted By: 68sportsspecial

Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/24/13 06:32 AM

Here's another engine compartment pic. Trying to use as many resto parts as possible !!! I love doing it all myself!!!

Attached picture 7638103-Photo0524.jpg
Posted By: 68 Sat

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/24/13 03:18 PM

i am not an expert but it looks amazing to me. Nice job
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/24/13 03:58 PM

are you going to hide the orange box inside the washer res ?

also you should lose that orange box , it's a POS .
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/24/13 05:32 PM

Quote:

are you going to hide the orange box inside the washer res ?

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/26/13 05:44 AM

Thank you very much !!!

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/26/13 05:52 AM

Didn't see any reason to hide the box.I'm not building a 100 point car or a show car. Just my car. I've never had another mopar man tell me the orange box is a POS. Explain Please. I'm 46 yrs. old and have benn building mopars since I was 14 yrs. old.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/26/13 12:02 PM

Quote:

Didn't see any reason to hide the box.I'm not building a 100 point car or a show car. Just my car. I've never had another mopar man tell me the orange box is a POS. Explain Please. I'm 46 yrs. old and have benn building mopars since I was 14 yrs. old.

Some people have issue's with them. Not me.

Keep an extra with you is all.

I saw a 68-ish Dart with the inside of the washer reservoir colored blue and then cut open to hid the box. It was neat but you won't have fluid.
Posted By: Dr V

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/26/13 02:36 PM

Well Done!!!! I like it!!!!!!
Posted By: moparjo68

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/28/13 04:20 AM

Are you running a 22" or a 26" radiator???

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/28/13 05:13 AM

A 22 in. radiator. Purchased a brand new resto radiator for a 70 dart/with a 318, non a/c. Because my motor is a 75, different inlets, outlets. Water pump.Got the resto fan shroud to match.Soo far it runs 185 deg. In traffic ,hot days.Remember though.This is a stock freshened 75 short block,8.5-1 comp. With some good, well thought out parts added in for durability and performance.

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/28/13 03:30 PM

Quote:

Didn't see any reason to hide the box.I'm not building a 100 point car or a show car. Just my car. I've never had another mopar man tell me the orange box is a POS. Explain Please. I'm 46 yrs. old and have been building mopars since I was 14 yrs. old.

I forgot to say that it looks good.

You did mount the orange box where the washer res. goes, I don't know how inspections are in cali but where I live the windshield washer has to work to pass safety inspection.

The orange box of today is not the orange box of your youth. If that is a new orange box it pulls out timing above 4000 rpm. A local to me member/friend dyno'd his car last year with a new orange box and it showed that on the dyno.

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/28/13 05:40 PM

Quote:

The orange box of today is not the orange box of your youth. If that is a new orange box it pulls out timing above 4000 rpm. A local to me member/friend dyno'd his car last year with a new orange box and it showed that on the dyno.

So what designates a "new orange box"?

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/28/13 06:23 PM

I really don't know , the one on the dyno above was the one supplied with my 2005 vintage crate hemi , I had one from back in the 80's but I think I tossed it .

Unless it's from the direct connection days they are all junk to me ...

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/28/13 06:37 PM

Thanks John. Got mine way back in the late 90's w/the elec. upgrade kit and it's still working, although never dyno'd to see the issue you speak of. So you would recommend the chrome box or ????

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/29/13 05:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks John. Got mine way back in the late 90's w/the elec. upgrade kit and it's still working, although never dyno'd to see the issue you speak of. So you would recommend the chrome box or ????

Chrome box is not supposed to be street friendly.

The 90's stuff may be the worst ?? , especially if the box is pulling out timing and it may be because for some stupid reason the rocket scientists at Chrysler thought that 30 , or more , degrees of mechanical advance in a RACE distributor was a good idea , probably the reason for the orange box to pull out timing because of the distributor.

you could probably see he timing being pulled out with a timing light look at the crank and bringing the RPM over 4000 .

anything would be better than an MP ignition box ...
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/30/13 08:46 AM

Quote:

I don't know how inspections are in cali but where I live the windshield washer has to work to pass safety inspection.

Safety inspections here in CA ???

Thats a good one. Our cars don't rust themselves into becoming a safety violation. We have emission testing on cars built in 1976 and newer.
When a car is salvaged and rebuilt, you'd need a brake light, headlight and smog check. When a dealer sells a car, the cars get inspected for those as well. Otherwise, it is like the wild west out here.
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Trying to make it look 68 new!! - 03/30/13 10:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know how inspections are in cali but where I live the windshield washer has to work to pass safety inspection.

Safety inspections here in CA ???

Thats a good one. Our cars don't rust themselves into becoming a safety violation. We hasve emission testing on cars built in 1976 and newer.
When a car is salvaged and rebuilt, you'd need a brake light, headlight and smog check. When a dealer sells a car, the cars get inspected for those as well. Otherwise, it is like the wild west out here.

Or you could come here where we require nothing at all. No emissions testing, no safety inspections, nothing. To keep a car current all we have to do is
1.bring in the white piece of paper (sometime) we get in the mail to the DMV
2. Pay the DMV
3. Grab the tabs we are given
4. Repeat cycle a year later

Smog testing hippies
© 2024 Moparts Forums