Moparts

1970 Challenger kick panel insulation

Posted By: radiatorman

1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/23/13 08:53 PM

Hi Guys,
Can anyone tell me if I have the insulation pieces positioned correctly on the kick panels? And where the heck do the two other pieces of backed insulation go? I marked one "d kick panel" and purposely left the screw in it to remind me where it goes (5 years ago) but I can't remember now. Any good pictures out there??

Thanks,
Bob

Attached picture 7637389-kickpanel003.jpg
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/23/13 09:17 PM

Attached picture 7637409-kickpanelinsulation.JPG
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/23/13 09:18 PM

Attached picture 7637411-UnderDash22.JPG
Posted By: AAR#2

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/23/13 10:30 PM

Since Alaskan T/A has the kick panels covered, the pieces you currently show in the kick panels should be installed in the dash structure (Just above the kick panels) you'll see them in the upper corners of the photo's I have attached. I can outline them if you need but think you'll find it pretty self explanatory, if not, let me know.

Attached picture 7637460-PICT0083.JPG

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/23/13 10:31 PM

heres the pass side.

Attached picture 7637462-PICT0086.JPG
Posted By: radiatorman

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/25/13 01:44 PM

Thanks guys!!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 03/25/13 01:58 PM

Here's my pictures just for fun.

Posted By: filmsurgeon

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 01/04/14 07:30 AM

Quote:

Since Alaskan T/A has the kick panels covered, the pieces you currently show in the kick panels should be installed in the dash structure (Just above the kick panels) you'll see them in the upper corners of the photo's I have attached. I can outline them if you need but think you'll find it pretty self explanatory, if not, let me know.

Doing my insulation now. The REM kick-panel kit I got several years ago has 3 pieces; the 2 larger pieces which is self explanatory, and the piece for the backside of driver-side kick panel, not one the for the passenger side. Any ideas where I can get the passenger side piece? How were they secured to the backside of the kick-panels? Also, does anyone know if the two oddly shaped pieces that go "above the kick panels" (as AAR#2 pictured) are being reproduced? Thanks for the help.

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 01/04/14 05:10 PM

I sent all my pieces in to Detroit Muscle and he was nice enough to correct and cut new pieces that match my originals. Unsure if this is the standard cut for him now but he should have mine on file

Contact him, I'm sure he can hook you up
Posted By: filmsurgeon

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 01/04/14 09:03 PM

Quote:

I sent all my pieces in to Detroit Muscle and he was nice enough to correct and cut new pieces that match my originals. Unsure if this is the standard cut for him now but he should have mine on file

Contact him, I'm sure he can hook you up

Thanks. I contacted Jim via email last night. I have purchased DMT stuff before, and have worked with Jim on a couple of my special needs. Hopefully, he can help. I know he is always very busy.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: 1970 Challenger kick panel insulation - 01/05/14 12:06 AM

Hey Joe,

Yep I can make you a correct set. AAR2 shows the correct location of the small pieces that go above the kickpanels, the large pieces that stuff in the body and then there are 2 more pieces that glue to the backs of the kick panels. None of these pieces are symmetrical.

I'm working on a a complete line of the firewall and kickpanel insulation pieces. Working on duplicating the embossed, tar paper like material. Ordered a semi load of the correct insulation. Hope to have most of the popular pieces by Carlisle.
© 2024 Moparts Forums