Moparts

IS THIS SAFE TO DO???

Posted By: rayztoy

IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 02:47 PM

I would like to install the correct heat shields and wire looms. Is it safe to remove one head bolt at a time and reinstall it with the the wire loom/heat shield and retorque it? Thank you!
Posted By: 6T6Cuda

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 03:34 PM

I've done it with intakes / waterpumps, etc but never a head..

I would assume it would be OK, but for the small amount of money for head gaskets I would just do that and be safe. You could try it...

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 04:10 PM

I've done it with intakes also. I'm hoping more EXPERTS will chime in here. Thanks Richard.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 04:35 PM

One head bolt won't hurt you.(and I didn't reply because I think I'm an expert).

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 05:01 PM

I'm not meaning to offend anyone, so don't take expert the wrong way. Sorry about the incorrect wording. Thank you for the replies.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 05:06 PM

Quote:

One head bolt won't hurt you.(and I didn't reply because I think I'm an expert).

It doesn't matter whether YOU think you're an expert or not; many of the rest of us do!

Dave
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 05:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It doesn't matter whether YOU think you're an expert or not; many of the rest of us do!

Dave

all my family and non-car friends and co-workers think I am an expert....does that count?

and in my shadetree mechanic opinion...yes you can safely do the one head bolt at a time trick.
I once bought a car with a 440 that was MISSING two head bolts right next to each other. I just put to bolts in and ran it for over 14 years!
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 05:42 PM

Quote:

all my family and non-car friends and co-workers think I am an expert....does that count?

Sure!

Dave
Posted By: anlauto

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 06:01 PM

I've done it several times...no issues....no expert either
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 11:17 PM

One headbolt at a time my boy, one headbolt at a time!

Re: IS THIS SAFE TO DO??? - 11/27/08 11:52 PM

Thanks to everyone for your input!
© 2024 Moparts Forums