Moparts

heater box

Posted By: 70moparmike

heater box - 01/05/13 05:36 PM

i have a 69 b body heater box, non a/c. i am restoring it and the fiberglass has duct tape residue looks like on it. is there something to use to get it off without takeing the surface off anymore than it has deteriorated already? and what do you refinish the box with? thanks for the info as always.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: heater box - 01/05/13 06:26 PM

Simple Green. Then fine rubbing compound will clean them up to fresh looking.

Test cleaners are compounds on the back side of the box to experiment with first.

Re: heater box - 01/05/13 06:46 PM

outside of the box is pretty rough? like the gelcoat is about gone. has little fibers showing though. anybody on refinishing the finish on the box? and what products to use? thanks moparts
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: heater box - 01/05/13 09:47 PM

Full Circle Restoration makes a kit to refinish the plastic. I used it on my airgrabber box and looks good!
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: heater box - 01/05/13 11:17 PM

Quote:

Full Circle Restoration makes a kit to refinish the plastic. I used it on my airgrabber box and looks good!

http://www.restorationfullcircle.com/

I've never used it, just when I googled it took a while to find it. I need to fix a couple breaks in mine also.

Re: heater box - 01/06/13 12:15 AM

Cant vouch for the repair kit... but the finsh kit works pretty good.

Re: heater box - 01/06/13 01:20 PM

i have the kit for my airgrabber, but i don't think it will take care of the fibers protruding from the surface of the box? should i lay the paint on in thick coats and sand back down?

Re: heater box - 01/07/13 12:16 AM

I would try it on the back of the box...thats not visable. only way to know.
© 2024 Moparts Forums