Moparts

VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA

Posted By: 70mopes

VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA - 12/17/12 09:25 PM

Did Canadian built and delivered cars have the 8 digit VIN body stamps typically found on rear body, cowl and radiator support or was that just something that was required in the U.S.A. only? I am curious in general but the car in question is a '70 A-body.
Posted By: stevet340

Re: VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA - 12/17/12 11:24 PM

70 darts had the vin on the passenger side trunk lip, under the passenger side fender on top where the fender bolts on near where the antenna would be, and the core support.
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA - 12/17/12 11:30 PM

How about Duster/Valiant? I had a 70 Duster and its stamps were on the radiator support and package tray. Did Canadian law require VIN stamps?
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA - 12/18/12 12:01 AM

My Windsor built 70 Swinger 340 was sold new here in Canada. It has the 8 digit vin on the rad support. I have not pulled back the trunk weatherstrip to look there. My Hamtramck built 69 Charger was sold new in BC, Canada. It has the 8 digit vin on the rad support and the drivers side trunk rail. I do not know if Canadian law required it, but I think the body stamps were the same for Canada/US built/sold cars.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA - 12/18/12 05:27 PM

Quote:

I do not know if Canadian law required t, but I think the body stamps were the same for Canada/US built/sold cars.

Dave
Posted By: superbeeman69

Re: VIN Body Stamps - Canada vs. USA - 12/22/12 08:44 AM

I'd be worried if I DIDN'T see the numbers. Start looking at spot welds if something doesn't check out. I'm sure a few cars didn't get stamped or have very shallow stampings but generally speaking I think all cars should all have them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums