Moparts

70 SuperBee engine wiring harness

Posted By: Hemiruss

70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/25/12 11:44 PM

Here's the question..Would you repair or replace engine wiring harness on a survivor car? I'm having the typicial alt.and temp. wiring ends/wires cracking.Also what have you fould is the best source for each??? I'm not sure which way to go......
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/26/12 12:33 AM

I'd replace it but save the original... Bad wiring causes bigger issues than survivor status questions....
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: 70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/26/12 12:57 AM

Quote:

I'd replace it but save the original... Bad wiring causes bigger issues than survivor status questions....

Posted By: Stage-III

Re: 70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/26/12 01:26 AM

Agreed, get the bad wiring out and test it if you like. You can always put it back in if you find and fix a bad spot.

I re-wired my former '70 Super Bee with Year One harnesses. The engine and forward light harnesses were a good fit and cured some annoying problems. I didn't inspect them closely to see how they compared to the old harnesses as originality was not my primary concern on that car.
Posted By: Hemiruss

Re: 70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/26/12 04:25 AM

So it looks like Year One might be the answer....What did it cost??
Posted By: Stage-III

Re: 70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/26/12 07:27 AM

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/1966-74-a-b-e-body/electrical/harnesses-.-engine/b.body
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: 70 SuperBee engine wiring harness - 11/26/12 05:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

x 2. Get the M&H Harness from Year One; it isn't perfect but it's close.

Dave
© 2024 Moparts Forums