Moparts

BE&A and PG Classics repo parts

Posted By: koak

BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 02:54 AM

Hi. Looking for some lenses etc for my 'Cuda. I see BE&A and PG Classics seem to have allot of the same? stuff listed. Does anyone know if they are the same, and if not any feedback on either? Thanks
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 03:06 AM

They are business partners, PG is in Canada BEA is in Ohio, If you live in Canada most folks shop PG to save on shipping costs... Though some use BEA for their excellent customer service reputation..... If your in the US most use BEA for all the obvious reasons but some order from PG because sometimes it's slightly cheaper..
Posted By: Chally426

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 03:08 AM

Same parts, but BEA has part numbers and such, PG has the same part but no part numbers most of the time, But do your self a favor and go with Mike at BEA, Good guy with good customer service.....
Posted By: koak

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 03:11 AM

Thanks for the replies. When you say no part numbers, do you mean the part numbers molded on the lenses?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 03:14 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the replies. When you say no part numbers, do you mean the part numbers molded on the lenses?

Yes, BEA has Chrysler licensing agreements, PG does not..
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 04:21 AM

Mike will treat you right! Always has to me. Never met the man but whenever I have talked to him on the phone he always is a wealth of knowledge! He truly comes off as a person who is not only doing this to make a living but wants things done correct and willing to go the extra step to make things right in not only his parts but customer service. I even have had parts sent to me and gotten a shipping noparts enforce the card was charged. Does that say anything about him?!

Corey
Posted By: chrisf

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 07:24 AM

PG sucks. doesnt matter what side of the border your on, deal with Mike
Posted By: rtidd440

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 11:21 AM

Quote:

Same parts, but BEA has part numbers and such, PG has the same part but no part numbers most of the time, But do your self a favor and go with Mike at BEA, Good guy with good customer service.....

X2
Posted By: demon

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 02:35 PM

Quote:

PG lenses have the numbers too. All the same parts between PG and BE and A.
I see on the repro door mirrors PG grinds the Mopar part number off the backside though.
Posted By: Fasbird

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 03:30 PM

Have purchased from both for the '71RR. The PG package came from overseas(Asia) and I ordered on-line. BE&A - I picked up those parts at the Nats this year. Love the customer service that BE&A offers. Didn't notice a big difference in part quality, but they were different parts.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/01/12 10:38 PM

Quote:

PG sucks. doesnt matter what side of the border your on, deal with Mike

PG's customer service sucks.
Posted By: cbusters

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/02/12 01:52 AM

Isn't PG Classic the supplier and BE&A a distributor for some of the parts? Perhaps there is an agreement for the area each can service. Sounds like service before the sale is good from both places. Isn't service after the sale more important? Promises are great until you have your parts and they have the money. I have found a 50/50 mix of "good service after the sale" businesses. The biggest hurdle is suppliers that say they are experts. I think this is a title you are given, not one you take for yourself! BE&A is safe as long as you use something like PayPal or a Credit Card that allows you to challenge a payment. Taking away money is the easiest way to get an "expert" to work with you! Even if there is a price difference I have found Year One to have a no hassle return policy. Unfortunately, they don't carry everything. Hard to put a value on unnecessary stress and complications. I should retract that. Putting my car together is fun, and anyone that takes that away from me will go on my list of places to warn others away from. Sponsor or not, let everyone know who is easy to deal with and support them. Share your list!

Year One, Metro, ECS, MasterPower Brakes, Auto Instruments, Accurate Exhausts. These people have service that others can only dream about. I should put this in my Signature Block.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/03/12 02:47 AM

Quote:

Isn't PG Classic the supplier and BE&A a distributor for some of the parts?

A BEA employee told me the two companies are "manufacturing partners".
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/03/12 11:07 AM

Quote:

Isn't PG Classic the supplier and BE&A a distributor for some of the parts? Perhaps there is an agreement for the area each can service. Sounds like service before the sale is good from both places. Isn't service after the sale more important?

I have purchased parts from PG before and they were decent quality, for some reason in the last month they have not answered any e-mail or ebay queries.
Posted By: 2002bluert

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/04/12 07:54 AM

I have bought from PG Classics and will never again, their customer service sucked big time.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/05/12 12:37 AM

I haven't dealt with either in 3-4 years, but back then I got great customer service from both.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/05/12 03:33 AM

my experiences with some venders mentioned above is also not good.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/05/12 04:42 PM

Despite my past experiences, I attempted to order something from PG Classics on July 17th...they got back to me yesterday via e-mail. Suffice to say I already bought the stuff elsewhere.

I'm in Canada, but I would strongly recommend dealing with Mike at BE&A.

Dave
Posted By: VCODE

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/05/12 10:11 PM

Mike at BEA the way to go, hands down.
Bob
Posted By: MMC Detroit

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/05/12 11:07 PM

Quote:

Mike at BEA the way to go, hands down.
Bob

I agree
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/05/12 11:54 PM

I've bought from both on occasion. had zero problems with either one.

although When bought from BEA it usually gets here the next day. PG i've had it take 3 or 4 weeks to arrive
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/06/12 02:05 AM

One gripe with a part I wanted to buy, lack of proper detail lines on 69 road runner tail light bezels. I have spent way too much money on very good originals and NOS. Still need an NOS passenger side.

I wish they gave it a little more effort to get them dead on. Would have paid more, but less than I have chasing NOS with older plating....

But most everything I have looked at from BEA is nice stuff. Just my one dream part....
Posted By: 808CUDA

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/10/12 10:41 PM

MIke @ BE/A Parts is the way to go!
He's really cool and just as mentioned, a wealth of info!

Gil
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/11/12 09:33 AM

Quote:

One gripe with a part I wanted to buy, lack of proper detail lines on 69 road runner tail light bezels. I have spent way too much money on very good originals and NOS. Still need an NOS passenger side.

I wish they gave it a little more effort to get them dead on. Would have paid more, but less than I have chasing NOS with older plating....

But most everything I have looked at from BEA is nice stuff. Just my one dream part....

The difference in the bezels isn't in the part or "effort" as you say, since we triple plate ours, some small detail will be lost. Old school originals had vary thin plating, they never used copper. It's not the part it's the plating and we are not going to change that and not use copper.
Posted By: can.al

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/13/12 01:56 AM

i have had good luck with PG.
just got another order yesterday (Tues.)...ordered last Friday.
i'm in Ontario.
Posted By: 70Sbird

Re: BE&A and PG Classics repo parts - 09/20/12 08:40 PM

Another vote for Mike and BE&A.
I have dealt with him on the phone, and stopped by his shop and got a great tour of his place, projects and cars. After the sale service and the quality of his stuff will keep me coming back. I havent been doing much on my cars lately other than mechanical stuff, but if I need a part and it is something Mike sells, he will always be my first call!
© 2024 Moparts Forums