Moparts

70 440 ENGINE DETAIL ???????

Posted By: RJS

70 440 ENGINE DETAIL ??????? - 08/25/12 06:45 PM

Should the PCV hose and booster hose be dated prior to engine assembly or was it prior to car's SPD or other??

Thanks Ron
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 70 440 ENGINE DETAIL ??????? - 08/25/12 07:09 PM

They were installed, I would ASSuME, AFTER engine assembly but BEFORE installed in the car so I would ASSuME somewhere in between or just before the engine depending on how long the roll was they were cut from ???

Re: 70 440 ENGINE DETAIL ??????? - 08/26/12 01:29 AM

Thanks John, I was thinking that since the engine didn't know which car it was going in when assembled and in reality dates on those hoses don't really matter I just like the pretty yellow printing!!
Ron
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 70 440 ENGINE DETAIL ??????? - 08/26/12 03:27 PM

I tend to think hoses were installed sometime after engine assy but before said engine was installed in the chassis.
WHEN that was or how much of a lag time between the 2 ?

The few originals I've had to libery to view, the hose had orange paint on them . Tellling me they were done immediately after the engine was painted

Re: 70 440 ENGINE DETAIL ??????? - 08/27/12 12:47 AM

Quote:

I tend to think hoses were installed sometime after engine assy but before said engine was installed in the chassis.
WHEN that was or how much of a lag time between the 2 ?

The few originals I've had to libery to view, the hose had orange paint on them . Telling me they were done immediately after the engine was painted

That's good info. Bill, that tells me to have them dated between casting date and a assembly date.
Probably closer to casting date since they were probably on a reel and rolled out and cut when needed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums